Feature Request: Sync Privacy.com cards down into 1Password

Options
Ryan Parman
Ryan Parman
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I've been a user of Privacy.com since 2013-ish, and 1Password since 2009-ish. I'm a big fan of both.

I finally had the brain space to look into the 1Password + Privacy.com integration. I clicked a checkbox in the 1Password preferences, it opened the wrong browser, asked me to login to Privacy.com, and click a checkbox. Cool. Then I went to use the new integration to enter payment information for a new subscription service.

1Password gave me a little menu where the top option was to create a new card in Privacy.com. I filled out the little UI, chose not to save the card in 1Password, then clicked done, and — nothing. The information was not filled into the form. And the card was not saved in 1Password.

So after all that, I had to log into Privacy.com again (from the right browser this time), found the card, and manually copy-pasted the card information from Privacy.com to the subscription form — just like I always did before the 1Password + Privacy.com integration existed. 😑

Then I thought about just pulling all of the cards I have in Privacy.com into 1Password (into a separate vault, so that I can keep my "real" cards separate from my "fake" cards). But I have over 100 cards in Privacy.com, and some of the values can't be copy-pasted, so they need to be manually typed. Ergh.

Therefore, feature request: Sync Privacy.com cards down into 1Password. Even better would be to (a) keep them synced, and (b) hide the paused cards from the little on-page selection UI (which means keeping track of the paused/unpaused state of the card somehow).

1Password Version: 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: macOS 11.5 Beta (20G5052c)
Sync Type: iCloud + 1P Family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ryan Parman!

I see an open discussion for this too, so I have added your feedback there to let the developers know that you would enjoy an option to bulk import existing Privacy.com cards :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#342

This discussion has been closed.