Sign In With Apple - tracking

cobaltjacket
cobaltjacket
Community Member

I think most here are now generally familiar with Sign In With Apple. Is there a way for 1Password to keep track of sites/accounts that are using that feature, so that 1Password users don't accidentally create a standalone feature?

Even if nothing can/will be done in the app, does anyone have a creative way for tracking this manually?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cobaltjacket

We don't have anything official regarding Sign in with Apple, however you might consider making a Login item in 1Password for the sites you're using it with and adding a tag to said Login item indicating such, e.g.:

You could also put "Sign in with Apple" in the username field, so if you accidentally filled the item using 1Password it would be a pretty decent hint that something is awry. Does that help? :)

Ben

• Now, how about Sign In With Apple for the forums? ;)

I think we'll stick with recommending 1Password generated passwords. ;)

Ben

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member

Bumping this rather than creating a new thread. With Apple expanding "Hide My Email," etc., I agree it would be great to have a built-in way to note "Sign In With Apple" accounts. (I guess it could apply to "Sign In With Facebook," "Sign in With Google," etc.) Too much bloat?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in on this @srbuwsnyc, I have let the developers know that you would find something like this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#199

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member

Great. For now, I've added an 🍎 emoji to the name of each item for which I've registered that way, so I can spot them easily.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's nice @srbuwsnyc, I like it :D

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Thanks. Burying the distinction (to give me a heads-up on how to sign in) with a tag wasn't prominent enough.

• @srbuwsnyc

I like your emoji idea. I have a few in use but the Apple one is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing.

• Ryan Parman
    Ryan Parman
    Community Member

I leave the username/password blank and add a tag of oauth-apple to go along with oauth-google, oauth-github, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @Ryan Parman! Since your tags all start with "oauth", you could also consider using nested tags if you want an even cleaner tags list ;)

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member

Interesting—although (at least for me), it's more about immediately seeing Sign In with Apple as the sign-in method for a site or account, rather than seeing the list of items using that method.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, I have logged your feedback in the right feature request @srbuwsnyc :+1:

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member

Thanks. Your team and software are both amazing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @srbuwsnyc :)

This discussion has been closed.