Ios keychain

Elaphus
Elaphus
Community Member
edited July 2021 in iOS

Hello,
I made a mistake and turned face id on for 1password. I noticed that after setting up my device from start my account automatically appears due to my secret key being stored in ios keychain. Now i dont want both my secret key and master password to be stored in icloud keychain/ios keychain. How can i remove my secret key from ios keychain? Thank you.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Elaphus!

Your Master Password is not stored in the Keychain, even if you enable Face ID:

About Face ID security in 1Password for iOS

If you want to remove the Secret Key from Keychain, you can instead do that, but I think you can only do it on macOS, since iOS does not allow you to edit the contents of the Keychain. You can open Keychain Access on macOS and search for an entry named com.agilebits.onepassword.B5Credentials.

• Elaphus
    Elaphus
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I dont have a mac device. I just use ios devices. So assume that since i cannot edit the content would changing my secret key help? And how can i ensure new secret key wont be stored? Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Elaphus:

You can certainly generate a new Secret Key anytime, but I don't think it would really help in this case: your Secret Key is stored in your Keychain encrypted in either case. The only way I know to remove it from iOS would be to disable iCloud Keychain, if you have it enabled on your device.

• Elaphus
    Elaphus
    Community Member

Ok thanks i will first disable my keychain than try to create a new secret key and hopefully it will work

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @Elaphus :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.