Sharing logins with family members

how do i copy the logins from my private vault to the shared vault so my family can see them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mshornet69!

Here are the instructions for you:

Move and copy items

• mshornet69
    mshornet69
    Community Member

Thank you. One comment:
    The fact that

When you edit an item, your changes aren’t synced to any copies of that item. To keep your information in sync, move items instead of copying them.

Should be stated in the front of the instructions and not at the end. Why would you move instead of copy things from your private vault to a shared vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mshornet69:

Why would you move instead of copy things from your private vault to a shared vault?

To avoid duplicates: as an example, if I wanted to share my Netflix password with my family, there would be no need to keep a copy of it in my Private vault, and another one in the Shared vault. This is because now I would have two copies of it, so I would need to make changes to both of them.

If everyone needs to access a certain item, it's better to keep the only copy in the Shared vault, so you only have a single copy to update.

• mshornet69
    mshornet69
    Community Member

ok

• mshornet69
    mshornet69
    Community Member

What is the procedure for installing the Chrome extension app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mshornet69:

You can install it from this page:

Get 1Password in your browser

• mshornet69
    mshornet69
    Community Member

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mshornet69! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.