Help with using browser extension on 2nd Chrome Extension

Options

Hi. All working perfectly until I created a second Chrome profile. In the 2nd chrome profile, if I try to fill login details from the browser extension via a right click, the extension opens a new tab with the same website, and does not autofill the login details. Ive checked 1password settings, definitely have it set to use the same tab.

My original profile works no problem.

Any ideas how to correct?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome profiles

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @patjbrown ,

If you have both of our extensions installed simultaneously, this behavior will occur. Please write chrome://extenisons in the address bar of your browser and hit Enter - there you will see all the extensions that are installed in the profile where you can disable/remove any unwanted extensions. Check if there are two extensions of 1Password there and disable/remove the one you are not using.

• patjbrown
    patjbrown
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - Thanks for the reply! Im seeing 1password extension listed only once in the Extensions setting - so unfortunately couldnt use this solution. Appreciate the response, any further ideas?

I could go back to using only 1 Chrome profile, just trying to seperate work and life :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@patjbrown:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you still see the same behavior now?

• patjbrown
    patjbrown
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there - thanks again for your latest reply. I was able to correct by remove the extension from chrome from the problem profile, and re-installing the extension again. This seems to have corrected the issue, its now working on both Chrome profiles. Thanks again for your continued support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @patjbrown! I am glad to hear that reinstalling the extension fixed the issue for you :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.