autofill in Chrome on Win 10 - too many steps

Options

I am fairly new to 1password. I think I am doing something wrong with the regular 1password autofill (such as my name or address or zip code), it requires too many steps. For example, if I go to https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing and I want to prefill the zip code, I need to
1) Click on the Chrome extension icon (top right of the browser)
2) Find my Identity
3) Click on "Autofill"

Isn't there a faster way to do it? The built in Autofill in Chrome would do it for me simply by clicking the empty field.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dudley

You're right, currently 1Password requires explicit instruction from you to autofill any fields that you may have saved in an Identity item using the steps you've outlined above. Chrome, on the other hand, uses autofill history to quickly recognize fields of forms that you've previously autofilled and suggests the appropriate information. I can see the value of being able to autofill these fields directly from the field like Chrome does. While I can't say for sure when or if this will be available, I've shared your feature request with the appropriate team so they can take it into consideration.

In the meantime, if you want to use your browser to fill forms you can try these steps to do put things back to the way they were before:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Click Addresses and more and allow Chrome to autofill.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#556

This discussion has been closed.