Safari Extension blocks login button, why?

Options
Garry Weber
Garry Weber
Community Member

I let iCloud handle my unimportant passwords. Why does 1 P insist on putting up its Unlock button in such a way that it blocks the website's login button? In fact, I had to recover my password for this forum. Even here, a 1Password dialog popped up in front of the submit button. I find this incredibly annoying and I want it to stop. I've got screen shots, I just don't see how to post them.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6 (70806000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: 11.2.1
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Garry Weber
    Garry Weber
    Community Member
    Options

• @Garry Weber

There are several options available. I use option 2.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for "Show inline menu in Safari". This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• Garry Weber
    Garry Weber
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I went with Option 2, tried and true. FWIW, it's beyond me how blocking login buttons is an improvement. I've been using 1P since, I think, version 3. If there hadn't been a way to shut this off I would have cancelled my subscription. And if I was a new user, I would have lasted half an hour. You can't annoy the $#@% out of people and then expect they're going to stick around long enough to see the utility of buying 1 Password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @Garry Weber! I will be happy to pass it to the developers for future consideration :+1:

This discussion has been closed.