What is this floating button on my Pixel and how do I get rid of it.

CFster
CFster
Community Member

This floating 1Password “button”. It’s very annoying. It appears to get brighter when in tap it, but that’s it. I can move it from one side of the screen to the other but it invariably ends up being in the way of something.

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @CFster!

Can you post a screenshot of this button? Thank you!

• ag_audrey
    edited July 2021

Hey @CFster, it sounds like you are referring to 1Password's Accessibility shortcut.

Let me clarify that there are two Accessibility options that you can enable, the Accessibility service itself and the Accessibility shortcut. Only the service is necessary, and the shortcut does not provide anything with regards to 1Password, which is why nothing happens when you tap on it. The shortcut can instead be used for another type of Accessibility service, like TalkBack or Magnification: https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/7650693?hl=en#:~:text=Choose a shortcut:,swipe with TalkBack turned on.

I suspect the Android 12 beta may be enabling this Accessibility shortcut by default. Therefore, all you'll need to do is disable 1Password's Accessibility shortcut, as it will not do anything.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with 😊

• roostercrab
    roostercrab
    Community Member

Maybe you could tell us how to do that though?

• morganwallhagen
    morganwallhagen
    Community Member

I just happened to deal with this very issue, and while I don't recall the exact steps I followed to remove the floating button, in Android (recent versions, anyway) it involves going into Settings, then Accessibility. 1Password will probably show up as an app with accessibility features, and you can turn off the button there. Again, it involved a little tinkering, but I think with a little trial and error in Settings > Accessibility, you'll manage to turn the button off.

• Hi @roostercrab:

As @morganwallhagen mentioned (thanks for the assist! :smile:), it should be under Settings > Accessibility, then select 1Password, and then set "1Password shortcut" to off.

Jack

• thewoolleyman
    thewoolleyman
    Community Member

Thanks for reminding me how to get rid of it.

I turned it on because I thought it would be useful, but it doesn't seem to do anything that I can see, even when I'm filling out a password field.

• Hello @thewoolleyman

Tapping the floating button turns Accessibility for 1Password on and off under Settings > Autofill. In short, this is not something you will likely need to do so it's best to turn the shortcut off.

We developed our Accessibility feature to help pick up slack from Autofill where Autofill is blocked or can't detect the fields. Our Accessibility feature is built into accessibility services which includes more conventional accessibility services such as TalkBack and text to speech. While it is quite useful to switch conventional accessibility services on and off without sifting through the settings app you're less likely to be switching Accessibility for 1Password on and off frequently.

• anndinkc
    anndinkc
    Community Member

@ag_timothy thank you. still super hard to find the setting in the app, please make easier

1password > settings > auto-fill > accessibility > 1password > 1password shortcut (OFF)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @anndinkc! I will pass your feedback along to the developers :+1:

• anndinkc
    anndinkc
    Community Member

@ag_ana :) Literally music to my ears. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @anndinkc :)

• jvicswain
    jvicswain
    Community Member

At the very least provide a long press context or trash option at the bottom of the screen as is expected with most Google floating icons.

• Hello @jvicswain thanks for the feedback! In Android 11, accessibility shortcuts were presented as a small figure in the bottom right corner. In Android 12, most now appear as floating icons. In my experience accessibility shortcuts don't have a long press context or trash option like you might see for other app icons. Accessibility shortcuts can be managed through accessibility settings.

That being said, I can definitely see how it would be useful to have more readily available access to these settings. I have passed along your feedback to the development team. Thanks again!

• sammoon
    sammoon
    Community Member

Thank you everyone!! I came here to find this. The floating button was driving me crazy.

• Hello @sammoon thanks for joining us. I'm glad to hear this thread was useful for you. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

This discussion has been closed.