1Password fails to fill password for Splunk.com

wavesound
wavesound
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I go to login to Splunk.com, I cannot get 1Password to auto-fill the password. It works fine if I paste it in manually.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wavesound!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana , 4.7.5.90

• @wavesound

I noticed that you're using the 1Password classic extension. While this version of 1Password is still supported, it is no longer receiving development updates. We do have a new version of 1Password for your browser which does improve the filling experience here. If you're interested in giving it a try, I'd recommend reaching out to 1Password Support at support+standalone@1password.com to see if they can help with options for you to update to the new version.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Hi @ag_chantelle , thank you for that. How would I have known that this extension was EOL? I had no idea that the extension was deprecated.

• Hi @wavesound. We have announced the new extension in some blog posts, but that is a fair point and I appreciate your feedback on that.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Hi All, I switched to the new 1Password extension in Chrome/Edge, but it still fails to fill the password field on Splunk.com.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

I have just tested splunk.com and I was able to fill username and password in the login form, so that should work for you too if you are using the new 1Password browser extension (I used version 2.0.4).

Does it work for you if you create a new Login item for this website?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

I'm confused, how is this different from just manually creating entries in the 1Password app?

• @wavesound

Absolutely! 1Password in your browser will scan the site and identify the appropriate fields that require filling. When you save a Login from your browser, it can properly associate your login credentials with the actual login form and improve your filling experience.

Can you give the steps Ana suggested a try and let us know if you're still having trouble?

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Yes, I gave these steps a try and the password still does not autofill. I can see it get inserted and then the password disappears. Copying/pasting manually works.

• ag_chantelle
    edited August 2021

@wavesound

I've done some testing and, you're right, it looks like the site clears the password right after autofilling. I've shared this with our development team to see if we can improve the filling experience here.

In the meantime, if you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Autofill from there it will fill the password as expected. I realize this is not ideal, but should achieve what you're after. I do apologize for the extra clicks here.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any questions.

ref: ref: dev/core/core#1811

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Any updates?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Not yet @wavesound, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.