What is 1PasswordAgent and why is it an Intel app?

Options
dhornig
dhornig
Community Member

I installed 1Password 7 on a new M1 Mac. I noticed in the Activity Monitor that there is a 1PasswordAgent process that is listed as Intel. I thought that 1Password had been completely converted to Apple Silicon. I was wondering what this process is for and if it has been installed correctly on my Mac.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@dhornig,

1Password Agent would be from 1Password 3, it is definitely not used anymore. if you follow @sjk's instructions here it should get rid of it: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/385584/#Comment_385584

• dhornig
    dhornig
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy,
    Thank you for the information. I wonder how it got here since I did a clean OS install on this Mac. But your instructions were very helpful helpful.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rudy, you are welcome @dhornig!

I wonder how it got here since I did a clean OS install on this Mac.

After the clean installation, did you perhaps recover some files and folders from a backup? I wonder if you might have transferred some old folders too in the process.

• dhornig
    dhornig
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect what happened is that although I did a clean install on the new Mac, I did restore my account from a backup. The files that @rudy mentioned were in ~/Library (both the app and the plist that launches it) so they would have been copied that way.

• Ben
    Options

That would do it. :) Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.