FYI: "Find Existing" doesn't see agilekeychain_folder as special

I have 1Password 3.8.19 installed at home on Lion, using Dropbox sync on my personal Dropbox account. I'm at work, also on Lion, with a Dropbox For Teams account.

I've shared the 1Password.agilekeychain_folder from my home account to my work account, and it's finished syncing to my work Mac under ~/Dropbox. But my 1Password 3.8.19 here doesn't seem to recognize that it's an Agile Keychain; when I use "Find Existing Data File" and click "Open", it just opens the folder like any other folder; see the screen shots.

I managed to get it to recognize the folder by setting the data file directly in Preferences. So it looks like it's just a bug in the installation wizard.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    The data file should be called 1Password.agilekeychain rather than 1Password.agilekeychain_folder. The .agilekeychain extension is important. It would be similar to renaming a Word document from .doc to .doc_ument. The extension will not be recognized by the application.

By default, 1Password will place your data file in a subfolder to facilitate easier sharing across Dropbox:

~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

I would recommend renaming your data file and moving it to the subfolder.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • Right you are! Somehow, back when I switched to Agile Keychain format, the folder got named incorrectly. I renamed it from .agilekeychain_folder to .agilekeychain, it now shows up in Finder as a bundle/package, and 1Password on both my home and new Macs found it from "Find Existing File".

Thanks!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2012
    Jay Levitt wrote:

Right you are! Somehow, back when I switched to Agile Keychain format, the folder got named incorrectly. I renamed it from .agilekeychain_folder to .agilekeychain, it now shows up in Finder as a bundle/package, and 1Password on both my home and new Macs found it from "Find Existing File".

Thanks!

Just in case you are curious.

Usually that name change occurred when someone tried to use idisk syncing way back when it was an option. It was a way to facilitate the idisk syncing.

Mine was named that (1Password.agilekeychain_folder) way back when. Just a little history. As khad mentioned its no longer needed as idisk is almost history. Not to mention Apple recommended it not being used for rapidly changing files.
This discussion has been closed.