Consistent date format and preferrably in international format

The Windows desktop app and browser extensions show date formats in the confusing American format (MM/DD/YYYY) while the iOS app has dates in the international format (YYYY-MM-DD) which is what the standard should be across all platforms to avoid confusion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

For which kind of item? I have an identity item with a date and its localized (DD/MM/YYYY) in both 1Pass 8 and the browser extension.

• ticky
    ticky
    Community Member

Seeing it for passports and driver's licenses.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member

Driver's license for is also using localized date format.

It's using dd/MM/YYYY in my case. If you are on windows 10 search for Region in the settings, see if you have the right country and
    region set up.

• ticky
    ticky
    Community Member

Yeah, nah. I have my Windows date set as YYYY-MM-DD but 1Password doesn't recognize those.

• Hi @ticky! Thanks for bringing this up.

If your device locale is set to a region where MM/DD/YYYY would be the default, that might be the reason why this is happening. Does that check out?

• ticky
    ticky
    Community Member

See the below screenshots showing the difference between the Windows date format and the 1P desktop app format:

• @ticky

Thanks for further clarification! After trying to reproduce things here on my end, it looks like in some cases, dates aren't being localized to Windows settings.

I've filed an issue with our development team so we can take a look at getting this corrected in a future update. Let us know if there's anything else you notice!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• ticky
    ticky
    Community Member

Thanks very much.

• Not a problem @ticky - thanks so much for bringing it to our attention! :smile:

• Ciro
    Ciro
    Community Member

A +1 from an Italian user in Denmark to fix this. I was about to make a fatal mistake when imputting the date from 1Password into a flight booking system. Luckily I remember the month by heart and noticed before it was too late.

Like @ticky, I also double checked and my system (Windows) is set to the correct locale and date format.

• Don't worry @Ciro, we'll definitely get this corrected! Thanks for sharing your feedback here! 🤗

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Hi, I'm currently running:

• 1Password for Windows 8.4.0 80400040, on BETA channel
    • Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.1320 preview (but same issue on 21H1)
    • Region: New Zealand
    • Regional format: English (New Zealand)

The date format of recent EA releases has regressed to m/d/yyyy. I recall reporting this at least a year ago. I started using text fields for important dates, but went back to Date fields when they were fixed! For me this is a serious issue.

Please allow us to use an unambiguous format for Date fields, or at least respect the system regional settings.

Thank you,
    Lance

• @Lanceanz thanks for your feedback here, and I apologize for the disruption you've experienced around this issue. This is something we have filed an issue for, and we'll be sure to include your comments so our developers have the information you've shared here.

As always, we're working to make improvements wherever possible, and we'll look forward to adding this one to the "done" list.

• Lanceanz
    Lanceanz
    Community Member

Thanks very much Peter. Lance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Peter, you are very welcome @Lanceanz :)

• TJLuoma
    TJLuoma
    Community Member

Tangentially related? Version 8.5.0-17.BETA.91546 on the Mac is showing the week starting on Monday when entering a date in a "Secure Note" even though my system is set to US where the week starts on Sunday.

• klok_pm
    klok_pm
    Community Member

Is there any update on this? I am having the same problem. My windows 10 date format is set in European format i.e. DD/MM/YYYY but 1password flips the day and month as US format.

• Hi @klok_pm:

Nothing to report just yet, but I've added you to the issue Peter and Ana have mentioned above. Thanks for your patience here!

@TJLuoma:

Thanks for letting us know about this, I was able to replicate it, so I've filed a separate issue for this.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#11971

• maverickmongoose
    maverickmongoose
    Community Member

Same problem here on Windows 11 - would be great to have an option for UK/ Australia etc date format like this: DD/MM/YYYY

Aside from that 1password is near perfect!

• Thank you, @maverickmongoose - and I just want to assure you that a more systematic date handling approach is still on the to-do list. Thanks for the feedback here!

• r22
    r22
    Community Member

80500057 Beta on Mac: all the date fields are in MM/DD/YYYY in 1P8 although my system is set to DD/MM/YYYY (I’m using English as system language).

• Thanks for the confirmation, @r22 - we'll add this to our evolving issue around this ... er... issue. We appreciate it!

• klok_pm
    klok_pm
    Community Member

Is there any update on this? Not sure why this is taking so much time...

• There's just a lot of spinning plates to keep aloft around here, @klok_pm. But we do have this issue on our radar and won't let it drop. Thanks for letting us know this matters to you!

• opushomo
    opushomo
    Community Member

Come on guys, solve this issue the soonest. 1password is a great product but this is really an important issue for international customers.

• I've passed on the feedback, @opushomo! We'll be sure to drop in here when we have more to share on this, too.

• TJLuoma
    TJLuoma
    Community Member

The bug still appears in 1pw8 "final" - Monday is shown as the start of the week in a date added to a note, even though my system is set to use Sunday as the start of the week.

• phel1100
    phel1100
    Community Member

Bug is still appearing for

1Password for Windows 8.7.0

80700098, on PRODUCTION channel

My region settings format date as YYYY-MM-DD (May 4, 2022 in the screenshot), and 1Password still formats as DD/MM/YYYY

• Hi @phel1100:

Thanks for following up. I don't have any specifics to share, but I hope we'll have this smoothed out sooner, rather than later.

@TJLuoma:

Thanks for following up as well. I've shared your thoughts with the team again as we work to make 1Password the best it can be.

Jack

• klok_pm
    klok_pm
    Community Member

Is there any update on this?

This discussion has been closed.