Unable to unlock 1password in safari since 7.7 with Big Sur

olivenoire
olivenoire
Community Member

Everything is in the title.

Unable to use it since this update.

It asks to unlock. BUT HOW TO UNLOCK!!!!

unable to uninstall extension because it is part of 1password.

Just able to inactivate.

Have you tested ???

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: OX X 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @olivenoire! Welcome to the forum!

What happens if you click on the button that asks you to unlock?

• olivenoire
    olivenoire
    Community Member

Hi,

So strange.
    Firstly it was really hard to instal 7.7
    Secondly it was unable to unlock
    And now (today) it unlocks as previously. So I'm not able to produce again the problem.

So everything is fine now

Thank you for your message

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @olivenoire! I am glad to hear that everything is working again. Please let us know if this happens again though, and we can certainly take a closer look :+1:

• MarcBoudreau
    MarcBoudreau
    Community Member

I have the same problem ... unfortunately I can't unlock it and eventually have to disable it in order to get passwords from Safari Passwords.

Clicking on the "Unlock Password" button just selects the text

• MarcBoudreau
    MarcBoudreau
    Community Member

I have the same problem ... unfortunately I can't unlock it and eventually have to disable it in order to get passwords from Safari

• epskionline
    epskionline
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem, and so is a client of mine. The extension at the top of the browser window is unresponsive (you can interact with the button, but it doesn't trigger any action), and the pop-up in the form field does not respond, either (clicking on the icon on the right pops up the unlock pop-up, but clicking on that pop-up does nothing).

I'm running 7.7 on Big Sur 11.0.1.

• @epskionline

I replied to your other post, your ticket has been received. :chuffed:

Can you try the following while we look into your report?

1. Quit Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

I have seen a few reports where users found it easier to restart their device. Either option will work and give 1Password a fresh start.

Please try to keep any comments in one thread. That will help us to prevent duplication of efforts and make sure all of the details are present in a single place. Having submitted your report, please continue the discussion there. That will make certain all of the details are readily available for the team member replying to you. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

• epskionline
    epskionline
    Community Member

The issue has persisted through numerous reboots.

At this point I will respond to whatever is sent to me, so please respond to me on the thread to which you want me to reply.

• @epskionline

Will do! Please look for a reply to your email submission, as it includes your diagnostic report details.

• bendru
    bendru
    Community Member

Was this ever resolved? I'm seeing the same with the following versions:

1Password 7.8
    Big Sur 11.2.1
    Safari 14.0.3

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@bendru

I've had a few other users here in the forum report they needed to restart their Mac to sort some of the extension issues after the latest update. Could you give that a try? If you're still experiencing issues you may want to sed us a diagnostic report.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. bendru
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/593194/#Comment_593194

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• bendru
    bendru
    Community Member

Looks like it's working after upgrading Big Sur to 11.2.3, which required a restart.

• tobinanthony
    tobinanthony
    Community Member

I am still having this same problem. I am using Safari under MacOS 11.4. I click on the "Unlock Password" button but am not able to open he mini window. Closing Safari does not fix the problem but a restart does.

Should I submit a diagnostic report?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tobinanthony:

Yes please!

• gct3o
    gct3o
    Community Member

One more person with a similar issue. In my case I enter the master password in the dialog provided by the Safari browser extension (which is v7.8.6). The extension still acts as if it is locked. I have found that restarting the Mac can fix this, but not 100% of the time. I do find that if I open & unlock the 1Password app that the extension will then start to work. Kind of defeats the purpose of the extension.

Realize this is a tough problem as browsers are really starting to lockdown and sandbox their internals. So appreciate the assistance. Next time this happens I will endeavor to create a diagnostic report as described above by ag_tommy.

Cheers!

• Sounds good @gct3o

This discussion has been closed.