"Something Went Wrong - An unknown database error occurred"

I've removed and re-added the extension on Windows 10/Chrome. I can't login to my 1Password. When I click the logo, I get a new tab and it says "Something Went Wrong - An unknown database error occurred". That's all.

I don't see others around here having this issue. I don't have this issue with 1Password on the same machine using the Brave browser. Only Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: MS10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• KCASANJO594
    KCASANJO594
    Community Member

Just a note: the working Brave installation is also version 2.02.

• @ KCASANJO594

Can you try fully quitting Chrome (including any background processes) and let me know if that resolves the issue for you?

If not, I'd like to ask you to grab a console log from your browser and send it to us at support+x@1password.com

Let me know how it goes!

• KCASANJO594
    KCASANJO594
    Community Member

Already quit and restarted to no avail. Will pull console logs after quitting again and ensuring no zombies.

• KCASANJO594
    KCASANJO594
    Community Member

Ah. Something happened to all of the extensions and they weren't quitting. After I force-quit them all, and restarted chrome, it started as expected.

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Hey @KCASANJO594. I'm glad to hear things are working for you now. On behalf of Chantelle, you're very welcome. :smile:

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue on FireFox. I've restarted multiple times, made sure all extensions are quit too, restarted my computer multiple times. Still the same issue.

I see this in the console log:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: e is undefined
        wy moz-extension://480fec0e-d356-4c62-83fa-3e7e4c438abd/app/app.js:2

Please let me know how this can be solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mshik3:

To make sure we are looking at the same scenario, can you confirm if this is happening to you with all browser extensions, or just with the 1Password browser extension?

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

Just with the 1Password browser extension.

It says there's a Database Error of some kind. All the other extensions are working just fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mshik3:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

I dont think I was clear. I can't even open the extension dropdown. When I click on the addon/extension, it brings up the "Something went wrong. An unknown database error occurred." With a link to the support page.

I can't get logs for the extension or any of the other things because the extension won't load. Just crashes right there.

• @mshik3

Can you try fully quitting your browser (including any background processes) and let me know if it resolves the issue for you? If you're on Windows, you may have to do this from Task Manager or Force Quit from Mac. A full restart of your computer will also achieve this.

Let me know how it goes.

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

I mentioned this in my first comment, I've done that multiple times.

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

Some cookies are misusing the recommended “SameSite“ attribute 2
    UnknownError: The operation failed for reasons unrelated to the database itself and not covered by any other error code. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:831
    r is undefined background.js:16
    Unchecked lastError value: Error: An unexpected error occurred background.js:16

• @mshik3

Thanks for those details. To confirm, have you attempted clearing your Firefox cache, removing and re-installing 1Password for Firefox? If not, can you give that a try?

If you've have, I'd also like us to test on a new browser profile:

1. Create a new Firefox profile with steps outlined here.
    2. Install a fresh copy of 1Password from here > Close and Open Firefox > Try 1Password again.

If you're still having trouble, I'd like you to grab a full console log (with timestamps) and send it to us at support+x@1password.com. We'll take a look and let you know what we find.

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

Yep, I've cleared the cache for Firefox and tried that too.

I've sent a console log to the email you mentioned.

• Thanks @mshik3!

We've received the log. Let's continue our conversation via email.

ref: ZMN-42861-578

• mshik3
    mshik3
    Community Member

Some console logs:

UnknownError: The operation failed for reasons unrelated to the database itself and not covered by any other error code. ExtensionStorageIDB.jsm:831

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the logs @mshik3! I see that you are already in touch with us via email, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

• vancitymurf
    vancitymurf
    Community Member

i am forced to remove 1password from chrome and reinstall it every day now. this same issue above. it's incredibly frustrating and a huge waste of my time. what do you need from me to take this problem seriously? it's been going on for months across every browser i use (chrome, brave, firefox)

• vancitymurf
    vancitymurf
    Community Member

further to this, i am even forced to enter my secret key every time my computer comes up from sleep

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @vancitymurf ,

Do you have the 1Password desktop app installed on the computer as well? If so, when you go into the extension's settings and turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app", does the issue persists?

As for the extension asking you for your Secret Key, it will do that if your browser's cache and cookies are being cleared. Let your browser store cache/cookies and use private browsing instead of clearing it, that should retain your information in the extension.

• carsten69
    carsten69
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hi, this error is still or again an issue.
    I got this too after recently updating Chrome (now Version 99.0.4844.83) on Mac (Catalina).
    The complete error message is:

"Something went wrong
    An unknown database error occurred"

I have the 1password desktop running as well.
    All other extension are doing well.
    @ag_yaron : It is not possible to access the extension settings. The menu item 'Options' is greyed out.

What I have tried so far:
    Delete 1password extension from Chrome. (several times)
    Restarting Chrome after deleting extension.
    Restarting my Computer.

Is any body else experiencing the same.
    Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @carsten69! To figure out what is going on with 1Password in your browser, I'd like to ask you to grab your extension logs for us: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Attach the logs to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.