Setting for "All Vaults" missing

Is it me or is there no longer a setting which lets me choose which vaults should be visible in "All Vaults". 1Password in the Browser does have that setting.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there,

You are correct about this! The question of how to handle groups of vaults intuitively and flexibly is a challenge we’re aware of and would like to solve. While I can't tell you when / if any specific feature will make it into future versions of 1Password, we really appreciate your point here. This is a good one - thanks for raising it.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I think the current solution of 1Password in the browser (is there no fancier name for that? ;) ) is pretty good. Disable the ones you don't need in the settings and you're done.

• matthiashansen
    matthiashansen
    Community Member

I noticed the same - also I cannot seem to find a way to get at a local vault - I had one that I wanted on this computer only and before I could easily select that 'private' vault, but now it seems to be gone?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @matthiashansen !

and before I could easily select that 'private' vault, but now it seems to be gone?

Yes. Local vaults are not supported anymore in v8.
    https://1password.community/discussion/121638/what-is-the-future-of-local-standalone-vaults

• matthiashansen
    matthiashansen
    Community Member

Thanks @DenalB - just saw that and left a note in that thread...

• @matthiashansen

Thanks for adding your voice there!

We're excited to see how we can make seeing only the data you want to see, when you want to see it, easier for everyone.

• aidantrager
    aidantrager
    Community Member

I'd be very curious to hear why this feature was removed. The comment from PeterG makes it sound like this is some problem that the 1Password team is hard at work on, but it's already solved. The feature exists in 1Password 7, and this is only an issue because you've taken the existing feature out of the app.

I understand 1Password 8 is a beta, and that could mean that a lack of feature parity is a known issue that the team is working on, which I really hope is the case, but given the the responses from two separate people from 1Password here without any mention of that, it seems like that isn't what has happened. (I'd be glad to be told otherwise).

• @aidantrager

I understand the perception, but there seems to be an underlying assumption that we're starting with 1Password 7 and building upon it. 1Password 8 is essentially a completely new and separate thing from 1Password 7. We're taking the opportunity that presents us to re-evaluate how we've done things in the past and how we can do better. There are additional details about this in Dave's post over on Medium:

Behind the scenes of 1Password for Linux | by Dave Teare | May, 2021 | Medium

I don't anticipate "All Vaults" making a return in 1Password 8 as it is in 1Password 7, but we're hoping to build something even better.

Ben

• aidantrager
    aidantrager
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification Ben. I'm honestly disappointed to hear that the team decided to wipe the slate clean, given that 1Password 7 is one of my favorite apps and it seems version 8 is a significant departure. As it stands now, 1Password 8 is a worse experience and far less convenient to use. I sincerely hope that the new version is in the early stages of beta and will gain a significant about of features by the time it releases, as vaults in the new version are lacking a lot of functionality present in the current version.

I don't want to take this thread to far off topic, so I'll share more of my thoughts on how the beta handles vaults in a new thread.

• Hi @aidantrager, thanks so much for sharing this feedback - I'm really sorry to hear that 1Password 8 isn't quite checking all the boxes. This is considered an early access, so definitely expect rapid development as new features are developed and fixes are made available. A big part of this is user feedback, so please do share your thoughts! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.