Creating new vault does not show in the app.

agaton
agaton
Community Member

I'm playing around with creating vaults and noticed that it does not sync immediately. I have tried waiting for ten minutes, yet the new vault still doesn't appear.

1. Create a new vault

2. After saving the vault. I tried waiting for ten minutes, locking and unlocking 1Password. The vault still doesn't appear.

3. I tried creating and saving a test item, after saving then the vault will be "created". I say "created" because the vault is there when looking in my online vault after doing step 1.

Another workaround to force the sync is to quit the app and run it again.

1Password Version: 8.1.0-66.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @agaton, thanks for highlighting this! I just tried this out and experienced the same behavior - the new vault did not appear until a sync was performed, when I would expect that the vault be immediately available. I'm going to raise this to the Development team to see what we can do on this end. :smile:

Of note, you can force a sync manually without locking/quitting 1Password - to do so, click the overflow menu (three bars) -> Account -> Sync now, and the vault will appear automatically. :smile: :+1:

ref: /dev/core/core/#8083

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member

@Dayton_ag

Good to know that is happening, not only on my end. I can't remember the way it was in version 7, but is the only thing I can do in the app for vaults is to create them? Can't I delete vaults even if I'm the only one using it? Is it possible to have other maintenance options for vault.

If I can do it in the app, less reason to go to my online vault to do them.

• @agaton Currently, it is only possible to create vaults in the 1Password 8 early access desktop app, but I'll definitely let the Dev team know you'd like more vault-management options in-app! I'd love to see this too :+1:

ref: /dev/core/core/#8356

• Hi @agaton, we have an update for you! In the latest Beta release, you can now both edit and delete vaults within the 1Password 8 for Windows app. 🥳

Full details on this here:

https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/#1password-for-windows-8.7.0-41

We appreciate the feedback you've provided about this, and hope that this update will impress you. If you're curious to try it out, we'd love to have your impressions!

This discussion has been closed.