The page keeps redirecting

gabiu
gabiu
Community Member

I am on a Mac with Google Chrome, I have the app and the Chrome plugin installed.
Every-time I try to use the 1Password autofill it keeps opening a new tab with the current page. I checked and the URL is exactly the same as on the current tab.
I can only copy and paste the username and password separately, the autofill is useless.
It works fine in Safari though, but I don't want to change my browser because of 1password...

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 11.4 (20F71)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gabiu!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• gabiu
    gabiu
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Thanks, seems to work so far, I will let you know if I still run into issues.
    Running on a Mac I hardly ever have to restart anything...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @gabiu, I am glad to hear this :) Let us know if you notice any other weird behavior :+1:

• gabiu
    gabiu
    Community Member

Any chance this can get fixed anytime soon? It works, but I have to close and re-open 1Password every-time I wake up my Mac from Sleep... like 10 times per day.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gabiu:

Are you still using the 1Password Classic Extension in your browser? If you are, I recommend trying the latest 1Password in the browser extension instead, since the Classic Extension will not get any more development at this point. What you are reporting should not happen in this new extension, since it's much more similar to the one you are used to in Safari :+1:

This discussion has been closed.