Refund if I join a family?

neetnestor
neetnestor
Community Member

Hi! I have one individual 1Password account and I plan to join my family's account. However, since it's the start of the billing year of my individual account, and for joining family I'll need to discard this account and create a new account instead. I wonder could I got a refund for the remaining time of this year in this case?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @neetnestor

We don't discuss account details in the forum for your privacy and safety. However, you're always welcome to reach out to our billing team. Please use support@1password.com to do so.

• Demerit
    Demerit
    Community Member

@ag_tommy,

It didn’t sound like the OP was asking for account details. Rather, this is a generic enough question (which I am curious about too). It would be helpful if AgileBits could be transparent about refunds, considering your website does state that refunds for amounts paid are not possible. If that’s the case in this situation, just say so.

From the standalone accounts, to the subscriptions, to now the team/family plans, this seems like it’s starting to turn into a full-time job just navigating to a simplified experience. But rather than this decision be a no-brainer, we’re concerned that we may lose money on switching to a family plan where there may be fewer features. That’s a lot of buyer’s remorse to risk.

Anything you can do to clarify or add confidence to what could be considered a monumental decision, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

-D

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Demerit:

It didn’t sound like the OP was asking for account details.

Not the OP, but we need the account details to check the account situation, and we cannot do it on a public forum for privacy reasons :+1:

The official company rules are explained here:

1Password refund policy

That is the official stance without exceptions. For individual cases however, our Billing team can certainly be contacted as they are in the best position to see if there are alternatives (especially like in this case, where it looks like usage of 1Password would continue, just with a different account). But for this, once again, the billing team needs to have a discussion via email for privacy reasons.

• Demerit
    Demerit
    Community Member

Thank you for the clarification!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @Demerit :)

This discussion has been closed.