Not working for me

Hello,

I have registered today for the trial version. I have installed the Windows Version and the Chrome Extension. Then imported Enpass Data via csv File. All Items imported successfully.

But nothing works.

1Password don't detect User or Password on Website Logins. Also, If I log in to a Website via Enpass, then 1Password don´t detect this login. I thought it would detect it and saves this to his database, like enpass do.

What is wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mak68 Running two passwoard managers is likely to lead to conflicts.
    Have you disabled the Enpass extension and enabled the 1Password extension? In Chrome click More (3 dots) -> More tools -> Extensions.
    Have you made 1Password your default password manager? In Chrome click More (3 dots) -> Settings - Autofill -> Passwords

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

No I have not done this. But in a Login Form, I can choose 1Password. But it does not find any usernames or passwords.

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

Now I have installed the 1Password Extension on an brand new Firefox Browser, which has never ha a Password Extension before. But the same Issue. 1 Password does not detect any Login.

• Hi @mak68 , welcome to 1Password! Let's get this issue figured out for you.

1Password don't detect User or Password on Website Logins. Also, If I log in to a Website via Enpass, then 1Password don´t detect this login. I thought it would detect it and saves this to his database, like enpass do.

I would second what @rootzero said here - if 1Password and another password manager are both operating in your browser at the same time, it could lead to any number of conflicts. Removing (or disabling) the other extension, making 1Password the default password manager, and restarting your browser is a great start.

Now I have installed the 1Password Extension on an brand new Firefox Browser, which has never ha a Password Extension before. But the same Issue. 1 Password does not detect any Login.

Thanks for letting us know about this. Have you signed into your 1Password account and unlocked the browser extension? You can unlock the extension by clicking the icon that appears in your taskbar, or using the shortcut ctrl + shift +x. Once that's done, 1Password will be able to place your logins into the appropriate field when you visit a given website.

If the browser extension is installed in Firefox, the browser extension is unlocked, and the logins still aren't auto-filling in your browser properly, just let us know. We'll make sure you're able to get to full functionality!

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

Hello Peter,

thanks for answering.

If the browser extension is installed in Firefox, the browser extension is unlocked, and the logins still aren't auto-filling in your browser properly, just let us know.

That is the case. I don't make it work.

I cannot uninstall Enpass from my PC, unless 1Password works well. But in my FF Browser, there is no Enpass Extension, only 1Password.

Maybe there was a problem with the csv import? Although all entries are there, but maybe not in the right format? But why 1Password detects not, if I log in to a website?

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

So I have looked a bit further and I can see, that all the fields are wrong. If I edit an Item, then I can see, that the Username and Password Fields are empty. The Data from Import are listet under Other Fields.

Also in Enpass I have a lot of Notes. But these Notes were not importet as Notes, but as Logins.

For some special Logins, I had to use Enpass the following way: Click into a Field, then a Web based Enpass Software opens, where i can search. Then I can copy and paste usernames and password into the fields. This is not possible with 1Password?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mak68 Yes, if you click on the 1Password extension icon in the toolbar, it will suggest logins for websites with matching URLs and allow you to search for other logins.
    The problem seems to be the data import. If the URL, username and password fileds are not correctly imported then 1Password will not function as you expect. You may find this thread useful:
    https://1password.community/discussion/95199/how-to-import-correctly-from-enpass

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

@rootzero Thanks. Could it be, that the information in this thread is a bit outdated? And should I mark all 987 items in my 1Password and hit Delete Button to delete all and try again with import from Enpass?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@mak68 It was the only relevant thread that I could find, but I think the CSV import process is much the same regardless of which password manager you're moving from. So this thread may be more useful:
    https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager
    I would delete all of your existing items and spend some time curating the CSV into a consistent format before import. A line for each item in something like the following format: title, URL, username, password, notes. This will import all your logins, but you'll likely need to do further work for other types of item.

• mak68
    mak68
    Community Member

OK, thanks. But honestly, I don't know how to curating the CSV into a consistent format. I have nearly 1000 items to import, which are a mix of notes and logins.

Maybe I can try this converter suite? Or is this too old for newer Enpass Versions? I have the latest one.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@MrC Can you direct us to the converter suite for Enpass?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2021

@mak68

Try the enpass converter in the converter suite, and use the JSON format of the Enpass export.

Follow the directions at the converter suite thread, and then in the README. It will walk you through the process.

Let me know if you have issues.

• Thank you @rootzero for your responses here, and a thank you as well to @MrC for the amazing software!

@mak68 it does sound like you've narrowed down the source of the issue - excellent! I'll be following this conversation from here to see how the import goes for you and if there's anything we our team can assist with as you go.

This discussion has been closed.