1Password 8: shortcuts behaviour

Hi,

I'm trying out the early access of version 8, and it looks gorgeous :smile:

However, I found some missing behaviour/thing:

• "Ctrl + N" open the new menu, but does not select "Login" by default (Can't do Ctrl+N then Enter to open new item)
  • While in new item form, Ctrl + S to save does not work

Thank you for your work, and I'm very pleased that Rust is under the hood ;)

1Password Version: 8.1.2-2.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, thanks for this feedback! We appreciate you taking a close look at the app 😃

"Ctrl + N" open the new menu, but does not select "Login" by default (Can't do Ctrl+N then Enter to open new item)

I'll check, but I believe this is by design. We don't necessarily know what kind of item someone wants to create when they click the "new item" button, and the ctrl + n shortcut is the keyboard equivalent of that. I'll follow up with the design team about it just in case there should be a ctrl + n, enter default though.

While in new item form, Ctrl + S to save does not work

Great catch! I've been able to reproduce this issue, and will be filing with our devs.

Thank you again for sharing these observations with us - we really appreciate it, and it does help us make the app better. Hats off to you!

• Geobomatic
    Geobomatic
    Community Member

Hi, thank you for the nice words :)

I understand that we don't know which entry the user want to create, but selecting a default one doesn't prevent him to change which type he wants :) And "Login" is a reasonable default (at least it feels like it).

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

but selecting a default one doesn't prevent him to change which type he wants :) And "Login" is a reasonable default

+1 from my side! :+1:

• @geobomatic Ah! So if I understand correctly, you'd like Ctrl+N to open the New Item selector pane, and put focus on the first option in the list (Login) - similar to what I've shown in the screenshot below?

That way, you can hit Enter and proceed with a new Login, or arrow down to your preferred category - am I understanding correctly? Let me know - I'd love to see this feature too! :smile: In the meantime, hitting Ctrl + N and then Arrow Down will put focus on Login.

• Geobomatic
    Geobomatic
    Community Member

This is exactly what I meant yes :D
    It's the behaviour of version 7 by the way :)

I'm doing arrow down for the time being

• Awesome, thanks so much for confirming that @Geobomatic! I've passed this feedback along to the Development team for consideration. :smile: In the meantime, I'm glad that arrow down is working for you.

ref: /dev/core/core/#8767

• mlooss
    mlooss
    Community Member

Just started testing 1Password 8 yesterday, one feature that I am missing is being able to select a vault using keyboard shortcuts Command+0 to 9. I have a large number of vaults, but I frequently change from my default vault to the All Vaults using Commad+0, and then I go back with Command+1 to my private vault. Will you bring back this feature, it really broke my workflow?

This discussion has been closed.