Searchable tags when saving a new login

Options
agaton
agaton
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I don't know if there is already a request for this, I tried searching. Is it possible for the tags to be searchable when typing the tag name during the saving of a login, or is it a limitation of the current design?

In the screenshot, I am saving the login under the Finance tag. So as I am typing the name of the tag, it will display all the tags that match what I have typed currently, just like the feature that the windows app have.

1Password Version: 8.1.2-2
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @agaton !

+1 from me! :love:

This is a good feature request. When adding a new login entry with the help of the browser extension, actually I don't add tags. I'm using a lot of tags, and I don't remember all of them in detail. It would be great if there would be a popup with suggestions while I'm typing. :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion!
    We already have that feature request in our scope, hopefully it will reach the extension in the future :)

ref: dev/core/core#6622

• timjo
    timjo
    Community Member
    Options

This is a must-have feature, +1 for me. I have created several redundant tags due to the lack of a suggestion/auto-populate feature

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @timjo, noted :+1:

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member
    Options

Yes please! I need this!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tmakaro We appreciate your feedback! I'll add you to the feature request for this as well.

This discussion has been closed.