How to change the default vault in Brave/Chrome browser extension to the same one in Mac App?

KRPX
KRPX
Community Member
edited July 2021 in Mac

Hi, after I set up my Primary vault to be on iCloud. I have another problem when I work with Brave browser extension (MacOS).
It seems the browser only allow me to save/use passwords from personal vault. Is there any way I can change the web browser to be the same setting? All vault does not show the iCloud option.

On my iOS device is fine as it pulls data from iCloud.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @KRPX,

1Password in the Browser does not support standalone vaults. In order to use your items in your browser you'll want to migrate them to an account-based vault, and then delete the Primary vault. Instructions for doing so can be found here:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

And you can read more about the future of standalone in a post from one of our founders, Dave, here.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• KRPX
    KRPX
    Community Member

Hi @Ben, thanks again. I think it is the best way to drop my iCloud and migrate to 1Password.com

Perfect!

• Glad to hear it, @KRPX. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.