1Password lost attached files during migration to 1Password account from iCloud vault

oliver_b_fischer
oliver_b_fischer
Community Member

Dear all,
Yesterday I was forced to install my MacBook again and during this process, I also have choosen to migrate from my iCloud vault to the 1Password vault.

During this process, 1Password lost the majority of all attachments like certificates and SSH keys. The entry for the credential has been migrated, but not the attached files. This is a huge desaster for a security software.

I still have the iCloud vault in iCloud, but I can only access it via my iPad.

My questions:
1. Is this a known problem?
2. How to restore them?
3. How can I add the iCloud vault to my 1Password installation on my MacBook?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @oliver_b_fischer

During the change from a standalone setup to a membership, attachments become Documents and are full-fledged members of the team. Do you see the missing items in the sidebar in the Documents section?

• oliver_b_fischer
    oliver_b_fischer
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,
    no, I already have seen it, but I can't see or find them. Luckily I found out how to switch back to iCloud.

If I move a crendential (on another Mac I have my iCloud vault and the 1Password vault in parallel), the attachments wil remain. It seems to be a problem which only occurs during migration. So for now my problem it solved, but it remains a fishy feeling.

• @oliver_b_fischer

Can you send us an email to support and let us look at your setup? Something seems off for sure.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/604176#Comment_604176
    • Your forum username: oliver_b_fischer

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• oliver_b_fischer
    oliver_b_fischer
    Community Member

One question more @ag_tommy, did the very usefull feature to store multiple files in one item at all?

I played around with the current implementation and for my use case the current solution is not sufficient, from my perspective the way how it is done is inconsistent. Sorry to say so.

• oliver_b_fischer
    oliver_b_fischer
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy, I prepared the error report and will send the mail tomorrow to you. I have to setup my Mac again and my mailsystem hasn't been configured.

BTW, so see such a helpful tool gives my a good feeling.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@oliver_b_fischer

Sorry about that, I am bouncing between here, and email support. Thank you for the report. Once we have it we can take a closer look. I hate setting up my Mac again from scratch. It always takes me a month to iron out all of the little intricacies I like just so. :lol:

• oliver_b_fischer
    oliver_b_fischer
    Community Member

Yes, but luckly I have documented 90% of the tasks. I hope to be able to setup my mail client today.

• oliver_b_fischer
    oliver_b_fischer
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy,
    I only today managed to send the collected data to your support team. The support case id is #LVY-84839-833.

• Thank you Oliver. 🙂I see that one of my colleagues has already sent you a reply.

ref: LVY-84839-833

This discussion has been closed.