Unable to sign In with beta but can with stable version

Hi All,

So I installed the beta on my work laptop and can't seem to sign in, I am able to sign in to the stable version but each time I try the Early access version I get an error" Cant Sign In. Check your sign-in details and try again.

Looking in the logs I get this error "ERROR 2021-06-23T15:26:10.654 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(3)) [1P:op-app\src\app\backend\signin.rs:192] AddingAccount(UnableToCreateClient(HttpError(IoError(IoError(error sending request)))))"

Any help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi brutos,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue you've encountered with the beta. Can you send me a quick email at support+windows@1password.com referencing this question? I and the Windows team will be happy to help set things right!

After you email, you should receive a Conversation ID from us that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end. 👍

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue! 🤓

• jsprinceiii
    jsprinceiii
    Community Member

I also have the same problem.
    We sent Diagnostic to email, as per request from our CSA.

• @jsprinceiii

I found a conversation from you. I don't want to incorrectly assume that is the correct one. Can you supply your support id?

• jsprinceiii
    jsprinceiii
    Community Member

Hi.
    Not sure what you are asking for.

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2021

@jsprinceiii

After you email, you should receive a Conversation ID from us that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

In a nut shell have you heard back from my email support colleagues? That's all that really matters. :chuffed: I'm just looking to confirm you heard from someone.

• jsprinceiii
    jsprinceiii
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I have not heard back from anyone.
    I uninstalled 8, and reinstalled 7 for now.
    Thanks

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member

Created a case now just waiting on the Conversation ID

• @jsprinceiii It looks like we're in-touch via email, so we will continue our conversation there! 😊

@brutos did you receive a Conversation ID at all? 👀

If anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem, please do email us using our contact form: https://support.1password.com/contact/

• jsprinceiii
    jsprinceiii
    Community Member

Hi Blake.
    At this time, I have not received any email.

Thanks.

• @jsprinceiii That's strange... I wonder if our wires got crossed somewhere. Let me take a peek into our outbox and see what I can do. 😊

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member

Here my conversation ID : #JIX-15224-497

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @brutos, I see that my colleague Mike is already helping you over there, so I will let you continue the conversation via email :+1:

ref: JIX-15224-497

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsprinceiii:

We have sent the email to you once again. Can you confirm if you have received it this time?

ref: IHZ-97239-848

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

I'm also experiencing similar thing. Can't add my account to the 1Password for Windows 8.1.0-66.BETA (80100066, on BETA channel) on Windows 10 x64 21H1 19043.1052.

Went back to v7 for the time being.

I've also sent the email to the Support with more information (haven't received Ticket ID yet).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@namiaro:

Found it! We will get back to you as well as soon as possible :)

ref: TEU-44675-579

• Hey there @Naxterra,

I just installed my OS and now v8 is not logging me in. v7 is working fine

This is definitely odd! Could you write in to us at support+windows@1password.com so we can take a deeper look?

v7 [...] doesn't have Windows Hello

Just to confirm, are you referring to allowing Windows Hello to unlock 1Password? This is currently possible with 1Password 7: https://support.1password.com/windows-hello/

• Hi @Naxterra, ahhh, I'm glad that sign-in issue is sorted out! The development team is working on getting that issue resolved and pushed out for users.

As for Windows Hello, it is not unlocking my browser extension like Early Access version

Hmmm - it should be. Could you write in again with a diagnostics report from 1Password 7? I'd love to take a look and get this working for you if you'd like. I'll include a link below with steps for generating a diagnostics report, and you can send it to support+windows@1password.com

Generate a diagnostics report for 1Password

• Blake
    edited July 2021

Thanks @Naxterra! We will follow up with you and continue the conversation via email. 😊

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member

This is still an issue with my work laptop @PeterG_1P

• @brutos I'm very sorry about this! I've located your email conversation with us and will reply to you over there, for the sake of keeping everything in one place. 👍

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member

Hi @PeterG_1P any update on this even with the new stable version still unable to sign in on my work laptop version 7 works fine.

• Hi @brutos, I'll look into this for you - will hope to have more for you shortly!

• brutos
    brutos
    Community Member

@PeterG_1P This is now working on the latest beta 80500046

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @brutos, that is great to hear!

This discussion has been closed.