Sync all fields to Apple Watch

Poison
Poison
Community Member

When I select a few logins/passwords to add to my Apple Watch there are fields missing e.g. notes.
Can you please add the notes of a login to the Apple Watch?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Poison,

That isn't something that is on our radar right at the moment, but I can certainly suggest it to development for consideration for future iterations of our Apple Watch app. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

Ben

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

Any chance of this for 2021? As 1Password only currently syncs some of the fields to the watch it makes it pretty limited, especially when the data you need is in a field that's not synced.

It seems strange to me that this wasn't even on the radar in 2020, why have a sync to watch feature that only syncs some of the data?

• @reck

I'm afraid I don't have any updates on this at the moment. I can certainly pass on your feedback.

• reck
    reck
    Community Member

OK that's a shame Tommy. It feels like the watch app has been neglected for a long time now and it's even more depressing to hear that there's not even anything on the horizon/planned.

It just seems like the watch app is being treated like a one-trick pony and the only feature that's being pushed is Mac unlocking.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear we have let you down here @reck, but we certainly appreciate the feedback! Perhaps this is something that we can consider for the future, but until now we really wanted to get Watch unlock working so that has been our focus.

• OutboundRadiographer
    OutboundRadiographer
    Community Member

Why are only some fields synced? How can I tell which fields will and won’t be available?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@OutboundRadiographer

Use 1Password on your Apple Watch Will let you know which items will sync and which will not.

• @OutboundRadiographer

My apologies earlier I typed fields where I should have said items. I've corrected that. What sort of fields are you having trouble accessing? I would be happy to check on that.

• OutboundRadiographer
    OutboundRadiographer
    Community Member

The latest occurrence is the PIN field of a credit card.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OutboundRadiographer:

Is this perhaps a custom field, or the default PIN field in the credit card item?

• OutboundRadiographer
    OutboundRadiographer
    Community Member

Sounds like a custom field?

It happens if I try to put the PIN in the white-background fields rather than the gray-background fields.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OutboundRadiographer:

Thank you for the screenshots. That looks indeed like a custom field. I asked because the Apple Watch app does not sync custom fields at the moment, so I wondered if that is why you were seeing this behavior, and it looks like that's exactly it.

If you create a Credit Card item in 1Password and you scroll down a bit, you should see the built-in PIN field:

Can you try using that field for the PIN instead, and see if that one syncs?

• OutboundRadiographer
    OutboundRadiographer
    Community Member

Yes, that one works. Why did Agile Bits choose to have this limitation? It is not at all apparent that only some fields are supported.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@OutboundRadiographer:

Yes, that one works.

Thank you for the confirmation! That's great to hear :)

I don't know the reason for this, so I suspect there might be some technical limitation that our developers considered. For future reference, you can see all the fields that can sync to the Watch app here:

Your items are stored securely in the Apple Watch Keychain

• Blufflady
    Blufflady
    Community Member

I just learned to get my items into the Apple Watch version of 1Password. I selected mostly key logins I use and then my passport. For the logins, all I’m getting is username and password… no website! Is this watch app only useful to “View” your username and password and if you want to use the password, you have to copy it on a piece of paper and then manually enter it into a website on your phone or pad? Seems pretty useless! There is no Copy function for the password so I can then go paste it on my iPad site? Since I’ve been using iCloud Keychain for passwords also, they suggest very, very long secure passwords and I’m not anxious to manually copy them.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Blufflady:

The Watch app is indeed thought as a way to view items, and it's more useful with other types of information, rather than passwords: document numbers, bank account information, one-time passwords, credit card numbers and PINs etc.

This discussion has been closed.