1Password won't fill or save passwords on websites I visit

Rleenaarts
Rleenaarts
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to 1Password so maybe I oversee something, but when i open 1Password and visit a website to log in, 1 cannot save website/password in 1password. The button 'save in 1password shows', but when I click on this button nothing happens.
Also, when I open 1Password and go to 'all items' it shows a message to use the '+' key to add an new item. The '+' key is however not available.
I hope anybody can help me to get started!
Regards, Roland

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: OS Big Sur 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password won't fill or save passwords on websites I visit

Comments

• @Rleenaarts

Have you given1Password a complete quit? Please try these steps and let me know how it goes.

• Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

Have you disabled the browser password manager? Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Which browser are you using?

Thanks,

• Rleenaarts
    Rleenaarts
    Community Member

@ag_tommy

Thanks for your reaction. I just followed your steps, unfortunately nothing changed. I'm using Safari.

• Rleenaarts
    Rleenaarts
    Community Member

Also I cannot make new vaults

• @Rleenaarts

Are you using one of our memberships? Are you using a standalone vault? It sounds almost like you may be using a standalone vault and have downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store without a license or membership applied.

• Rleenaarts
    Rleenaarts
    Community Member

I have a family account including a free trial period

• @Rleenaarts

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/122009/1password-wont-fill-or-save-passwords-on-websites-i-visit#latest
    • Your forum username: Rleenaarts

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Rleenaarts
    Rleenaarts
    Community Member

Thanks, I just send the report as you asked and will post the Support ID number later.

• ag_chantelle
    edited July 2021

Thanks @Rleenaarts - I've managed to locate your email. One of our team members will be in touch shortly.

ref: FII-39391-218

This discussion has been closed.