(Attach A File) Can't Select Multiple Files At Once

When I try to attach multiple files at once to an item, I can only select one at a time in the file picker window that shows up, although I can attach multiple files to the same item at the end, I just have to click "Attach a file" for each one of them. Before v8 this made sense because you could only have one item = one file, but not anymore, or am I missing something?

1Password Version: 8.1.2-12.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited July 2021

Hi @the_john19 , thanks for pointing this out. You're right - it is possible to attach more than one file to a given item in 1Password, but the file selection process currently only lets you select one file at a time (although once those files have been selected, the assembled list of files can then be attached simultaneously).

I've passed this along to our development team, and thank you again for highlighting this for us. Hats off to you - we appreciate it! 🎩

• Hi @the_john19
    Thanks for sharing this, 1Password 8 has the ability to create new document item with multiple files, you need to select your files and drag them to the app, a new item will be created and all those files will be attached to the item.

I hope this way help you to have item with multiple files faster.

• @ag_maryam I believe that would create a new Document item. What about attaching multiple files to an existing item which may or may not be a document?

• the_john19
    the_john19
    Community Member
    edited August 2021

@ag_maryam Thanks for the advice, though it doesn’t really solve the issue of my post. Drag and drop is cool but sometimes I just want to use the file picker, which shouldn’t limit me to just one file each time I open it, now that I can actually have multiple files attached to one document. Also, drag and drop won’t help if I want to attach multiple files to an existing document.

This made sense when we could only have one document = for one file, but now I think you really should update the file picker and remove the one file only limit for it.

• @roustem you are correct, the multiple file drag would create a document item.

@the_john19 I agree, it would be much better if we could pick multiple files when we open file picker.
    Thank you for your feedback, I will follow up with our team about this feature enhancement.

This discussion has been closed.