Business vault and private vault

Options
Polarpro
Polarpro
Community Member

I use a business account with several vaults for business items that are managed by the company I work for. I furthermore use the primary vault for my private items. The primary vault is not open to anybody: So, are the items there (as I hope) only accessible to myself? I want to keep my private passwords strictly to myself.
Or is it better to open an own (private) account that has nothing to do with my business account?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:private vault business

Comments

• ag_max
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hi @Polarpro,

The "Primary" vault you're seeing only exists outside of any 1Password accounts. In this case, it’s only accessible to you, and it’s not at all connected to your business account.

Going forward, to make your setup simpler, I would highly encourage you to sign up for an individual or family account. You’ll be able to migrate your personal data from the Primary vault to a vault in the new account. You can easily access multiple 1Password accounts and your combined sets of vaults within the desktop or mobile apps. Here’s a helpful article that will walk you through the entire process:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

Additionally, you might find this support article detailing how best to make use of your two 1Password accounts useful:

How to use multiple accounts

Finally, if using 1Password Business at work, you would be eligible to redeem a free 1Password Families membership. Here's how you can link that to a newly created individual or family account:

Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

This discussion has been closed.