Watchtower "good" passwords

kram5819
kram5819
Community Member

Hi everybody.
When I am in the Watch Tower and look at my passwords I see some that are good and most are excellent.

How do I know which ones are the good ones, so I can change them to make them all excellent?

I only have two or three that are listed as good and the rest are listed all excellent, but I want to make them all excellent how can I do that?

Any help is appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kram5819

If you have access to 1Password 7 for Mac you can sort your items by Password Strength:

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

no unfortunately it's a Chromebook that's all I have and then of course my Android phone

• ChristopherB
    ChristopherB
    Community Member

@Ben Looking at all those sort options is nice! Are any of those ever going to come to other platforms like Windows? We have significantly fewer at the moment!

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Looks like no way to make all my passwords excellent because I can't tell which 7 are good and change them to excellent by making them longer (Chromebook)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Through the 1Password web interface you can run a full Watchtower report, which can help identify those that would be helpful to change.

And more consistency across platforms is something we've been working on, so we will hopefully be able to add more sorting options to the UI in the apps in the future. :)

• TomFabiano
    TomFabiano
    Community Member

Those are really nice sorting options I miss on Windows & Android. How come they are not there yet? "Good" or even "Very good" password strength is not good for me. I aim to have them all at "Fantastic" but I need a way to quickly sort/filter them

• Hi @TomFabiano

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be happy to pass along to the team that you'd like to see the sorting options on Windows / Android broadened.

Ben

• TomFabiano
    TomFabiano
    Community Member

Hi Ben,
    I know above landed in backlog, is it considered for implementation in... "near" future?

• vadimm
    vadimm
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

How do I know which ones are the good ones

Looks like they changed the Watchtower web screen. Previously we had the ability to see good passwords.

I have "weak" and "terrible" passwords. How can I see those if I don't want to install the desktop app? I'm pretty fine with the browser extension and my.1password.com web interface. It serves 100% of my needs.

• Hi @vadimm:

We're always exploring improvements we can make, so hopefully we can improve the state of play in the future here.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.