1Password - Password Manager extension hanging randomly / perpetual loading

Options

I get the following loading screen randomly, and 1Password never loads. Most of the time it works, but it's super frustrating when it doesn't.

Anyone have a solution for when it is stuck perpetually loading?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @xantari!

Would you be willing to give the beta of the extension a try? If you would like to try that, please see this post for the instructions.

• xantari
    xantari
    Community Member
    Options

The post indicates the beta 2.0.4 is the version to use, but that is the version # that is shown on my extension... so I guess it's not fixed yet?

• xantari
    xantari
    Community Member
    Options

Strange, I just looked some more, the 1Password beta and my version both say 2.0.4?

• @xantari

You're right. Our beta recently got pushed to stable in the Chrome Web Store. So they are currently the same version. To confirm, are you still seeing the loading issue with the latest version?

If so, I'd like to ask you to grab a console log from your browser and send it to us at support+x@1password.com:

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-console-log/

Be sure to include a link to our current discussion.

• xantari
    xantari
    Community Member
    Options

Well last time it happened was yesterday, so i'm assuming yeah it is still happening. I'll try get those logs to you when it happens again.

• Thanks @xantari. Those would be most helpful in trying to pin down the issue. Let us know!

• daschheim
    daschheim
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue on a Windows 10 machine. Build 2.0.4. Very frustrating. Sometimes I have to log into the web browser version at 1password.com to get the extension to finish loading. Its as if its not making the connection. Is this a bug?

• @daschheim

We've made some improvements in our latest beta of 1Password for your browser to address the unlocking issue. Would you be willing to give it a try? You can install it from here: Use 1Password beta releases

If there's no improvement with the latest beta, then I'd suggest sending a console log to us at support+x@1password.com as well.

Let me know how the beta works for you!

• daschheim
    daschheim
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Chantelle - I loaded the beta and it is not making a big difference. I am still getting hung up. In fact, to break the cycle, I am having to log into 1Pass via the web browser after I already logged into the extension... The extension just says loading and does not open. Once I log into the website.. www.1password.com, it seems to get the extension to open... but what good is that :) !
    What's our next step to help you trouble shoot this bug... thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @daschheim ,
    As Chantelle mentioned, the next step would be to send us the console log via email.

After you do that, you can regain functionality by going into the 1Password extension's settings page and turning off the "Integrate with 1Password app" feature.

• daschheim
    daschheim
    Community Member
    Options

I pulled 3 logs for you.. but they wont attach as .log or .txt files. How can I send them to you?
    thx

• daschheim
    daschheim
    Community Member
    Options

I also put them all in 1 .zip and that won't attach either. Happy to email them if there is an address to get them to you.

• @daschheim

As suggested, if you could kindly email the log to us at support+x@1Password.com - we can review them there. Please make sure to include a link to our current discussion in the email so that our team can have some background.

• flash243
    flash243
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact same issue. I am following the thread.

Thanks.

• @flash243

Would you be able to follow the advice Chantelle posted above your message and submit the logs? It may help us locate what's happening. Thanks.

• flash243
    flash243
    Community Member
    Options

My Issue was resolved after accepting the beta release that was provided. I haven't observed the issue in 2 days.

• Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.