Having trouble with 1Password not unlocking

Having an issue where 1Password will frequently not open on Chrome. I haven't seen this happen on Firefox at this point, but on Chrome on Windows when I ctrl-shft-x to open the tool, it just sits there loading. This will only work again if I restart. Sometimes it works fine for a period of time and then suddenly it stops. Closing Chrome doesn't resolve the issue. Prior to the recent versions where there was supposed to be better integration between the browser extension and the 1password desktop version this was flawless. This is a recent break and I've seen several fixes installed and NONE of them have resolved this problem.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.04
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregorypierce!

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• gregorypierce
    gregorypierce
    Community Member

Will do. I upgraded to the beta (1Password Beta – Password Manager 2.0.5) as well to see if this would help.

• gregorypierce
    gregorypierce
    Community Member

I sent the email, but haven't received a ticket number for it.

• Hello @gregorypierce,

Thank you for sending us the logs. I will send it to my team for further investigation. I also sent you a reply to your email. Please check and let me know how it works.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• gregorypierce
    gregorypierce
    Community Member

That works for a workaround, so hopefully the team will be able to come up with a permanent solution.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Agreed @gregorypierce, and thank you for the update :+1:

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

So far installing the 2.0.5 Beta has eliminated the perpetual "Loading" popup

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @allawrence! That's great to hear :+1:

• DanyDee
    DanyDee
    Community Member

I've been having the same issue for some weeks now. Is the resolution to install 2.0.5 Beta? Where/how do I install it?

• DanyDee
    DanyDee
    Community Member

I figured it out! This works much better. Thanks all.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

Well, the Beta worked well for a few days. This morning, woke up laptop, opened Chrome and then logged into Windows 1 P and Chrome 1P failed to detect Windows 1P was logged in.

Started the 1P Forums in Chrome and it popped up the login box, clicked the box and the "keyboard 1P login combo" displayed. Clicked on the 1P icon in the box and that caused Chrome 1P to login with the 1P Forums login info in the drop down. (Note: never used the "keyboard combo" to login).... MAGIC!

All worked from that point.... a few days reprieve and back to the annoyance.

Although not desirable one could always turn off the security setting "Locked when computer is locked" ...

• @allawrence

Since you mentioned you "woke up the laptop" does this mean this machine is always put to sleep, and never actually restarted? If so, that sounds like what might be part of the problem here.

If you close 1Password and your browser entirely and restart them, do things work fine again? I'd be curious to know.

• allawrence
    allawrence
    Community Member

It is always "put to sleep" except when a restart is signaled by Windows or an app addition/update OR when the overall performance of the laptop becomes "sluggish".

When I "wake it up" I click on the desktop 1P and logon and then bring up Chrome and most of the time Chrome 1P icon will indicate it logged itself in. Should I forget to logon to desktop 1P but do start Chrome and bring up a web site that requires a logon, I go and logon via the desktop 1P but Chrome does not detect that. I then have to close Chrome and restart at which time Chrome 1P recognizes the desktop 1P was logged on.

Hopefully I have answered your question(s), if not please let me know what I might have missed.

• Hi @allawrence, thanks for taking the time to explain this!

Just to let you know, doing regular restarts (or a complete shutdown) of a Windows device can be a really helpful thing generally. The reason is that many Windows apps (and even Windows itself) will update or change something about themselves internally, but those changes won't take full effect until a restart is done.

That restart allows Windows and the various apps to start over from the beginning, making whatever changes were on their to-do list, and keeping things fresh. If a device goes too long without a reset, the list of half-completed changes can accumulate, and then weird things may start to happen in ways that are hard to predict.

Seconding Blake's idea, I too would be curious to know what the result of either 1) fully closing both Chrome and 1Password and opening them again or 2) Fully restarting your device, then doing #1 would be.

This discussion has been closed.