Ipad 1 password features missing

asukulu
asukulu
Community Member
I recently purchased the new iPad and after having been using 1password for sometime I thought I'd get the iPad version. First thing I noticed was no extension. So I googled how to install it to find out that Its not possible and that I must use 1 passwords own browser from inside the app itself. So I have been doing this however I have noticed the browser has no history or ability to bookmark. It also does not save new passwords I create. This makes my Internet browsing experience quite tedious as I use all 3 of features all the time. Am I missing something? I'm hoping that perhaps Im just not looking in the right place. Please advise. Thanks

I feel that 10 dollars for a pretty disfunctional app such as this is bit steep to be honest.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2012
    Hi asukulu,

You are correct. Apple does not allow any app to integrate with Mobile Safari. We're working on some improvements to the app, but I can't say much more at this time or the developers will lock me in a closet and throw away the encryption key. :)

Suffice to say, I think you will like what they are working on. I'll make sure to give them your feedback as motivation to keep up the hard work on the update.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!
  • asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    so can you tell me if the browser is going to have bookmarks and history at least? I mean these are just basic features every browser should have surely.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry, but we don't normally pre-announce products or features. Please keep an eye on our blog, Twitter, and Facebook accounts for news and updates.
  • asukulu
    asukulu
    Community Member
    edited June 2012
    khad wrote:

I'm sorry, but we don't normally pre-announce products or features. Please keep an eye on our blog, Twitter, and Facebook accounts for news and updates.

Well perhaps you need to start doing so before your customers take their business elsewhere. I paid good money for this product and as a paying customer I think I deserve to know when the product you sold me is going to actually do what its sold to do and have very basic features such history and bookmarks. The browser you have supplied is archaic.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    We deeply appreciate customer input and take requests into account constantly. I think I speak not only for other 1Password customers who have expressed a desire for a more full-featured browser in 1Password but also for the rest of the AgileBits team when I say that such an improvement would be most welcome!

That said, we have always preferred to let the software speak for itself rather than trying to lure people in with promises of future features. In fact, I'd never encourage anyone to purchase 1Password (or any product) based on claims of future features. On the contrary, I would advise you and others to always use the tool that meets your needs as best as possible today. If that's not 1Password for you at this time, then we will keep working hard in the hopes that one day it is.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime. I have passed your vote for this along to the developers and would be happy to pass any additional feedback to them as well.
This discussion has been closed.