Chrome Password Manager Superseding 1Password

Options
rbf2000
rbf2000
Community Member

On my wife's iphone 12, I have followed all of the steps to enable 1Password as the autofill option in the system settings and in 1Password settings, and disabled Chrome's password functionality (I have also deleted all of the existing passwords that Chrome maintained). However, when attempting to create a login or fill a password, the "password" option that appears above the keyboard still utilizes the Chrome password manager instead of 1Password. What am I missing to get 1Password as the default password manager everywhere?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rbf2000

Could you please verify two things for me?

1. In the Chrome app select > Settings > and make sure Passwords is off
    2. In the Settings app select Passwords > Autofill Passwords > and make sure 1Password is enabled and all other options are disabled

Thanks!

Ben

• rbf2000
    rbf2000
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

Thanks for the reply. That is correct. In the Chrome app settings, Passwords is off. In the System Settings for iOS, Autofill Passwords is set to 1Password and no other options are enabled.

Thanks,
    Justin

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for confirming, Justin.

the "password" option that appears above the keyboard still utilizes the Chrome password manager instead of 1Password

What is the indication that this is the case? Also, have you tried restarting the iPhone since making the settings changes?

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

That shouldn't be necessary... but it never hurts to give things a bit of a kick particularly if not operating as expected.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.