Different Default Keyboard Shortcut(s) For Different Layouts

Options

I had this issue before and now again with the early access. I'm from Austria and I use the German QWERTZ layout but it doesn't really seam like the 1Password App knows or adapts to it. When I check I currently can only see one shortcut and it is CTRL + SHIFT + \ to Open 1Password but even that one shortcut is already "useless" on a QWERTZ layout (for the \ key you also need to press ALT GR).

I don't know what the best solution would be but I'd love to use shortcuts without manually adjusting them first (which isn't possible in the early access either, though I guess it will be in the future eventually). Other programs manage to just "detect" what the key would be on the same spot (though even then I wouldn't recommend \ because there are layouts that don't even have that key spot at all).

This would also be nice for the Linux app of course :)

1Password Version: 8.1.2-22.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @the_john19, thanks so much for highlighting this! I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password. I've filed this feedback along to the Development team to look into and see how we can make this better.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help out with anything else. :smile:

ref: /dev/core/core/#7697

This discussion has been closed.