Cannot Quit Because No 1P Mini Icon in menu bar

Options
jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member

Yesterday I updated the Safari extension and today 1P is not working in Safari. By that I mean that when I have a sign-in window to fill, "Unlock 1Password" does nothing. Looking here for what to do, I discovered that I should "Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely" -- but I can't do that because there is no 1P icon in the menu bar.

Yesterday, I had a different problem, on my iPad version. The solution (described elsewhere in this forum) was to delete the "Primary" vault on the iPad, so that only the "Personal" vault was left. I realize it shouldn't have been that way. My MacAir (which I'm writing from), my Mini (at the office), my iPhone, and now the iPad only have the Personal vault.

1Password 7
Version 7.8.6 (70806000)
Mac App Store

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jmassengale

Logging out of your macOS user account or restarting the Mac would have the same effect. You could also alternatively try launching 1Password and then pressing ⌘⌥⌃Q (command + control + option + Q) to fully quit. Then relaunch it.

Please let us know how it turns out. If you're still having trouble make sure 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running is enabled.

Ben

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a restart did the trick.

Back at the office after the weekend, I noticed this on my Mac Mini 1Password:

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
    1Password Store

But my MacAir 1Password says this:

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.6 (70806000)
    Mac App Store

What should I do?

This is related to the iPad problem, in this way: When my account status changed, changing on 4 different devices was confusing.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jmassengale! 🙂

Both your Mac Mini and your Macbook Air are running the latest version of 1Password for Mac. The difference that you see is due to the fact that you installed the 1Password app from two different places: from 1Password.com on your Mac Mini and from the Mac App Store on your Macbook Air.

Both versions are almost identical and this isn't anything to worry about.

Is everything now working well on your Mac computers and on your iPad or are you still having any issues?

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thank you.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Fantastic! I'm happy that everything is working well now. :)

This discussion has been closed.