Touch ID stopped working - using 1P X Beta Chrome and 1P for Mac app

2»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @tom9417, I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• kebel87
    kebel87
    Community Member

Any ETA on when Touch ID will be re-added to 1PasswordX (browser/Chrome)? I love Inline password filling + Touch ID and unfortunately it's impossible with Chrome right now. Thanks!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kebel87! With our newest updates, 1Password in the browser (formerly known as 1Password X) can indeed be unlocked with Touch ID as long as the extension is linked to the 1Password app. If you right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser, select Settings, and scroll down to General, do you see that "Integrate with 1Password app" is on? Here's a screenshot: https://cln.sh/Q8eRX1

Additionally, what version of the extension and the app are you running? If you can check on each one and let us know, that would be really helpful.

• kebel87
    kebel87
    Community Member

Ji @Joy_1P . Thanks for your help.

I have 1Password for Chrome version 2.0.5, main App is 7.8.6 on Macbook M1.

Integrate with 1password app is checked as in the screenshot. I tried quitting completely both 1password and Chrome, but didn't fix it. 1password for Chrome seems locked, and in settings it says that no vault is attached and that I need to sign in.. However, whenever I try to sign in it opens the 1Password main app instead of signing in 1password for Chrome if that make any sense.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kebel87 could you create a diagnostics report and then send us that file? You can email it to us at support+x@1password.com and please include a short description of the issue as well as a link to this discussion here.

• kebel87
    kebel87
    Community Member

It started working today out of the blue. Inline password filling in Chrome on MacOS is awesome!!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to hear it @kebel87 ! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.