Hello. What are some tips to make 1password open up saved credentials faster

Dagwood_Bumstead
Dagwood_Bumstead
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

What are tips to make 1Password open up my saved ID & PW credentials as fast as possible after I navigate to a website where I'll need to enter them? I use Firefox with Windows 10 primarily.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:faster firefox

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Dagwood_Bumstead ,

The first thing would be to have 1Password installed in your browser: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/
    Then, when 1Password is unlocked, it will automatically show up inside usernames/password fields when you visit websites, making autofilling a click away.

You can learn more about how that works in the link above.

• Dagwood_Bumstead
    Dagwood_Bumstead
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I already have it installed in my browser, and I understand it will then show up when I visit websites; my question is really not about how to install it. It is about speed. At times it waits a few seconds or longer before locating my passwords and auto-filling in the information. Some of my websites have 3-4 different options to choose from. I am coming over to 1Password from LastPass, and most of my passwords originated in LastPass.

• Hello @Dagwood_Bumstead,

Thank you for your clarification. To ensure that we are on the same page, can you confirm that when you are on a website, 1Password will take a few seconds to show your website on the suggestions list that appears under the username and password fields? If that is the case, can you please clear your browser cache and reinstall 1Password in your browser from here: You can download 1Password for your browser from here: https://1password.com/downloads => scroll down to "Get 1Password in your browser" and select a browser to see how it works?

• Dagwood_Bumstead
    Dagwood_Bumstead
    Community Member

Thank you. Clearing my cache and reinstalling it helped improve the speed of 1Password a little. I will have to remember to do that periodically.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dagwood_Bumstead, glad to hear that clearing your cache and reinstalling has helped. Let us know if you have any other questions or if you run into any other issues!

This discussion has been closed.