Sync between multiple devices with Family Subscription

Options
chris_dix
chris_dix
Community Member

I have a family subscription (which I love), and noted that I previously had Dropbox sync turned on.
I have passwords on my iOS device which are not syncing to my windows or Mac clients.
I have turned off Dropbox and iCloud sync, but they are still not appearing.
Can you advise on how the sync for family should work, and any ideas on how to get it back in sync?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: OSX 11.4
Sync Type: Families?

Comments

• @chris_dix

I most often see this occur when someone has moved to one of our membership offerings, and they have inadvertently left a Primary vault on their device. Based on your comments it looks like that may be the case. A Primary vault is not part of your membership and will not sync with it. it should be removed to prevent confusion.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault. * You will need to do this on each device. Be sure to complete step two on any devices you have.

• chris_dix
    chris_dix
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. That's what it was. I'd probably not read the instructions very well when I moved to the family plan, and yes, there was a primary vault left over on my iPhone.
    What made it even more confusing was that this was syncing with other devices via Dropbox as well.
    Following your instructions has sorted it out.
    Many Thanks

• You're most welcome. You should have a much better experience now. 🎉

This discussion has been closed.