Conceal new password suggestion

Options
galore_starch
galore_starch
Community Member
edited July 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Is there any way to ask the 1Password Browser Extension to not show password suggestions in cleartext? If I choose to use the suggested password (which I often do as opposed to manually authoring one) then it has already been compromised by being revealed to anyone watching my screen.

I have Display -> Conceal Passwords enabled in 1Password for Windows. This setting only affects existing passwords in the desktop app. Furthermore, it doesn't conceal newly generated passwords in the desktop app.

If this feature doesn't exist then I would also suggest allowing the user to temporarily reveal the suggested password before committing to it (i.e. in the UI element that appears below the form field).

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1 19043.1110
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hide password suggestion

Comments

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited July 2021
    Options

Hello @galore_starch,

Thank you for the feedback. Currently, we don't have an option to conceal the suggested password. I already sent a feature request to the development team for an option to hide the suggested password. Please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features we offer.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#289

This discussion has been closed.