Copy context menu only showing for concealed data in login items

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

What I mean by this is, I cannot copy anything from items that are not login items, where the data is not concealed aka secret.
Example:
I have a credit card item where the context menu does not show when tapping on the card holder name, number, etc. Only when tapping on the verification code (which is concealed/secret), the copy context menu appears.
This happens (in my quick tests) for anything that is not a login item. However the menu also does not show for OTP codes in login items.
Anybody else seeing this?

1Password Version: 7.7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cmfrazier
    cmfrazier
    Community Member

Running iOS 15 Public beta and cannot copy credit card info. See video example here

Regular logins appear to act normal.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Same happens with 7.7.7 (70707000) and iOS 14.6 / 14.7.

Yesterday I wanted to quickly copy & paste my IBAN from my bank account. There was no possibility to copy the info into the clipboard. I had to edit the bank account and was able to mark the IBAN and copy it.

Switched back to 7.7.6 (70706000) and copying is possible again.

Do you need further information to fix this issue?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Manaburner !

Same with me!

I just answered in the following discussion because copying of information from a bank account is not possible anymore:
    https://1password.community/discussion/122104/cannot-copy-credit-card-info-7-7-7-70707000

Now I tried copying an OTP code and it also is not possible anymore.

I switched back to 7.7.6 and copying works as expected.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @DenalB
    thanks for the link and for confirming the problem.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You’re welcome @Manaburner ! 👍

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member

Hello! I face the same issue. I am not sure if it worked before update to iOS 14.7

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Appfel
    No. It didn’t work on iOS 14.6 in 1Password app 7.7.7. It only works in 1Password 7.7.6 no matter if you are using 14.6 or 14.7. 😉

• Thanks for the reports. If you long press or 3D press, do you see the copy option in the lower left-hand corner of 1Password.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Thanks @ag_tommy , you are absolutely right! :+1:

That’s the way the OTP code and bank information are copied into the clipboard. :love:

• We have an issue filed on this behavior. Thanks for confirming @DenalB

ref: dev/apple/issues#5419

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

I'm seeing similar... the copy dialog on the iPad is nowhere near the item, top left of screen. on the iPhone, you have to do a "click and hold" and it shows the copy dialog at the bottom of the screen

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

I'm seeing similar... the copy dialog on the iPad is nowhere near the item, top left of screen. on the iPhone, you have to do a "click and hold" and it shows the copy dialog at the bottom of the screen

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@igeneo:

on the iPhone, you have to do a "click and hold" and it shows the copy dialog at the bottom of the screen

That's indeed the workaround right now :+1:

The original issue should be fixed now in the latest beta (version 7.7.7.BETA-1):

Fixes an issue that caused haptic touch to be necessary to copy field contents for some fields in 7.7.7b0. {#5419}

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks for the update 7.7.7 (70707001) guys!
    Copying IBAN or 2fa works fine now again. 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's nice to hear, thank you for the confirmation @DenalB :+1:

This discussion has been closed.