Minimum size of business

rmm
rmm
Community Member

Hi all,
Is there a minimum number of licenses in the Teams or Business subscripctions?
I mean, could i purchase a Teams or Business subscription with only 1 user?
Thanks in advance,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rmm,

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

There are no minimum number of users required to maintain a 1Password Business or Teams subscription. Signing up for a team or business account as a single user is certainly allowed. You'll be billed either annually or monthly for that one user only.

However, if you don't plan on sharing any passwords or data with anyone, you might find signing up for an individual account to be better for that use case. These accounts are intended to be used by a single person, and they don't have any built-in sharing and recovery functionality, unlike our other offerings.

• rmm
    rmm
    Community Member

Dear ag_max,
    Thank you very much for your response, i was wondering which option to sign for, as i'm a freelance professional working for my own signature.

• In case i had the individual or familiar accounts, would it be possible to get an invoice with the VAT data of the signature?
    • And, if i opted for the business subscription as a single user, would i also get the family account?

Maybe some odd questions, sorry

• Your mileage may vary, and this is not tax advice, but in my experience as an independent contractor I'd recommend using 1Password Business and storing only business data in it. Then you can use the included 1Password Families membership for your personal data. At least here in the US the IRS is very keen to audit independent contractors, and not having clear separation between business and personal is likely to draw a number of questions at a minimum.

An anecdote only, so take it with a grain of salt, but I heard a story where an independent contractor got in trouble because they couldn't demonstrate to the IRS that they had a separate set of stamps for mailing business items vs personal items. Of course, that's the IRS, and not necessarily applicable to you.

It may be worth consulting an accountant or tax professional, or calling your local tax office, to clarify what situation would be most appropriate.

In case i had the individual or familiar accounts, would it be possible to get an invoice with the VAT data of the signature?

I will do some investigation on that and get back to you. :)

And, if i opted for the business subscription as a single user, would i also get the family account?

With 1Password Business, yes.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2021

In case i had the individual or familiar accounts, would it be possible to get an invoice with the VAT data of the signature?

I checked with our billing department and yes, this should be possible, so long as the name on the VAT ID provided matches the name on the account.

Ben

• rmm
    rmm
    Community Member

Thank you very much, i'll be well aware of your advice.
    Best,

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @rmm! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.