iPhone With Chrome Browser

JessYO
JessYO
Community Member

I am not seeing the 1Password as an option to autofill on the Chrome browser on my iPhone - this is my default browser on the phone. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: version 2.0.2
OS Version: 14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JessYO!

Do you have 1Password enabled in the iOS Autofill settings?

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

• JessYO
    JessYO
    Community Member

Yes I do. This is working fine on safari but not in chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@JessYO:

Thank you for the confirmation. Interesting, this is showing up for me in Chrome on iOS:

Is this happening to you on every website where there is a login form?

• lucasbd
    lucasbd
    Community Member

Hi! I'm having the same issue.

When using Safari, a login suggestion appears on the QuickType bar or there's an autofill suggestion (like in the screenshot below). But when using Chrome I always have to click on the generic "Passwords" button on the QuickType bar to select the credentials. It happens on every website for me.

Safari:

Chrome:

• Autofill is set up only for 1Password
    • Chrome is my default browser
    • I've already tried going to the 1Password app > Settings > Password Autofill to refresh it, without success

iOS 14.6
    1Password 7.7.6
    Chrome 92.0.4515.90

• @lucasbd

Thank you for the screenshots. Just to make sure that I understand, AutoFill is working in both Safari and Chrome and you can fill your passwords in both browsers but you're seeing a different interface being presented by AutoFill in each browser: a big blue button in Safari; the "Passwords" prompt above the keyboard in Chrome. Is that correct?

If so then unfortunately the explanation for why a user might sometimes see the big blue button and other times the "Passwords" prompt above the keyboard is a mystery to us as well. The prompt is entirely handled by Apple's AutoFill and 1Password doesn't choose which prompt is going to be shown. Here's a comment from one of our developers about the issue: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/558918/#Comment_558918

• lucasbd
    lucasbd
    Community Member

Hi, Dave! Yes, that’s correct!

It’s very unfortunate because in Chrome I have one extra step with a little delay to select which login I’d like to use. It certainly does not go along with the overall practical and easy experience that 1Password provides on all my devices :(. I hope Apple makes that clearer in the future.

Thank you for your response! :)

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2021

Hopefully we'll learn more about how AutoFill chooses which prompts to display in the future. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying using 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.