Having a problem with Vaults (Private and Shared) on Family account

Options
GabrielleCastro
GabrielleCastro
Community Member

Hi there! This is my first time posting here on the community because, to be frank, this is the first time I have encountered a problem with it after 5 months of being a user. So I've transitioned to 1Password after doing things manually before (saving passwords on a browser, I use Brave browser). I work in Marketing and Sales Automation (I won't go into much detail, I'll just link this article for reference if it helps) which basically means I have tons of accounts for software, apps, and etc. I use the account subscription with a co-worker since both of us use different passwords for the apps and etc. I'll try to describe my situation as concisely as I can, hope someone can help me.

Basically, my problem right now is between my Private Vault and my Shared Vault with my coworker. I didn't have this problem before. When I was creating a new account for a brand new piece of software or app, it would default the saving process with the shared vault. Until fairly recently (approximately 1-2 weeks ago?). Now, whenever I create a new account, try to register for something, and etc–the autogenerated information from 1password is pulled from my private vault. This is a little bit frustrating because I handle multiple pieces of software every day and I'm constantly making 1-3 accounts for each different client. What's happening right now is I save the information on my private vault, and then I have to manually move it to the shared vault. Then, I'll have to delete the one created on my private vault. It adds 2 extra steps to the process.

I don't know what changed. The only thing that comes to mind is when I updated the app. But other than that, I don't remember anything else. Everything has been working seamlessly and this is the only annoying thus far. I've loved the transition from manual password saving and spreadsheet vaults to automated password generation and etc, but this has been taking a toll on my speed with my workflow. Hope somebody can help! I'm willing to provide any information needed to get it fixed/adjusted.

1Password Version: I'm not sure (latest, I think?)
Extension Version: Latest too, I think?
OS Version: Big Sur
Sync Type: N/A

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@GabrielleCastro Click on the 1Password extension icon in your toolbar -> Settings -> Settings. Scroll down to the General section and check which vault is listed next to "Save new items in". If it says Private then click on it to select the shared vault.

• GabrielleCastro
    GabrielleCastro
    Community Member
    Options

That was the quickest and easiest fix I've ever done. I feel like a complete idiot now, thanks a bunch for your help! :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the assist here @rootzero! Glad to hear that advice was helpful, @GabrielleGinder. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.