How to copy items from my personal vault to my husband's vault?

silkenpaw
silkenpaw
Community Member

Here's my setup: I am the primary computer user in the family and have been using 1PW for a long time. I want to make 1PW available to my husband but I don't want him to have access to my passwords because he'll make a hash of them. (At this point I keep all his passwords in my 1PW because he forgets them). Sounds like 1PW for families is the solution, right? So I set up vaults for myself and for him. In my vault, I have all the passwords; in my husband's vault, there are none. Is there a way to transfer only his passwords (as opposed to all the passwords) to his vault without having to manually enter each one? Also, does he get his own "master" password that's different from mine?

Thank you for any help, I'm finding all this very confusing :(

1Password Version: Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @silkenpaw

I hope you are having a fantastic day so far! I am going to address your questions below.

Sounds like 1PW for families is the solution, right?

It does sound like your husband and you could benefit from all the awesome features a 1Password Families account has to offer. You can learn more about these features by clicking here.

Is there a way to transfer only his passwords (as opposed to all the passwords) to his vault without having to manually enter each one?

You can most certainly pick and choose what items you would like to move to the vault you created for him. If you already have his data saved in 1Password, please click here to learn more about moving data in between vaults.

Also, does he get his own "master" password that's different from mine?

Each user that is a part of a 1Password Families account will have their own password and Secret Key combination. Also, each user will have their own Private vault that is not able to be seen by others. By default, there is a Shared vault that members associated with the account can share data in between each other.

With that being said, I have reached out to you via email. Helping you via email will allow me to go more in depth as we do not want to expose any personal information in our public community! Please stay on the lookout for that email.

• silkenpaw
    silkenpaw
    Community Member

Hi Joshua,

Thank you so much for your comment and the email. The link you gave me showed me how to copy passwords between vaults but I still need to find out how to give my husband his own password. Do you have a link for that?

• Hey @silkenpaw

Let us continue our conversation via email and I can help get things sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.