1Password extension in Edge Chromium fails

When clicking the toolbar button to unlock 1Password I get the perpetual progress indicator as shown in the attached screen photo.
The only way I've found to fix it is to remove and reinstall the extension.
Is there a better solution or is the aforementioned issue a bug?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021

Hi @daneel!

If this happens again to you, can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member

The log message "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received."

Context

extension://dppgmdbiimibapkepcbdbmkaabgiofem/background/background.html

Stack Trace

background/background.html:0 (anonymous function)

<!doctype html>

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daneel:

The complete logs would still be useful, but in the meantime, can you try turning off the option "Integrate with desktop app" in the extension settings, and turning it back on to see if that helps establish the connection again?

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member

@ag_ana:

I don't see that option in the extension settings (btw I'm using MS Edge Chromium)
    I'll send full logs shortly

• Thank you, @daneel. Our team will look forward to investigating this for you. 👍

In case it's helpful, you can find the "Integrate with Desktop App" option this way:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in Edge's toolbar
    2. Click the gear icon, then settings.
    3. "Integrate with Desktop app" is the last option under the General section. Flip the slider to "off".

Let us know if that works for you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@daneel:

Have you had the chance to try the suggestion? In the meantime, I thought that you might find a screenshot of the "Integrate with 1Password app" setting useful:

• daneel
    daneel
    Community Member

@ag_ana thanks for the clarification, I was looking in the options for Edge extensions rather than for the 1Password options.
    I've tried your suggestion and it seems to have worked.
    Thanks again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @daneel! And thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that the suggestion helped :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.