Can't unlock after installing new 1password for browser beta in Fiefox 90.0.2

bradical
bradical
Community Member

I tried installing the latest 1Password extension for Firefox here https://1password.com/browsers/beta/firefox/ but after doing so, clicking on it take me to this Screen and then after that repeated clicks on the toolbar doesn't unlock anything. Am I missing something in the setup here? Do I need a beta of the desktop app too?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS Big Sur (11.4)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@bradical

Have you tried quitting the browser completely? Wait a few seconds and then open the browser.

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member

Yep, tried that repeatedly. Is something supposed to happen when I click the locked toolbar icon? or is it just indicating that 1P is installed and running.

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Seems to be an issue with the extension not recognizing the accounts I'm signed into. When I go to the settings, I see no accounts. And when I attempt to sign-in to one, it takes me to my desktop app but I've already got the accounts set-up there.

Is there something else I need to do to grant the extension access to those accounts that are already configured in my desktop app?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@bradical

Do you have Integrate with 1Password app enabled within the extension?

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member

I do. And this has morphed from a beta issue to support issue. After uninstalling the beta and re-installing this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager I'm seeing the same issue where the add on appears locked and clicking doesn't do anything. I can't seem to add my accounts to the bottom as I'm already signed in my desktop app.

Here are my settings in case you see anything

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@bradical

You may wish to reach out to us using email using support@1password. We may need to take a deeper dive into your setup and gather logs.

edit:

I don't thing it will change things, but have you tried turn off integration and turning it on again?

• bradical
    bradical
    Community Member

By "integration" do you mean the Integrate with 1Password App or the entire Add-on? I've tried both.

• The Integrate with 1Password app.

This discussion has been closed.