Prevent 1Password prompting to fill credit cards

I like using 1Password for website passwords with the browser extension, but I don't want to use it for credit card details. But it pops up every single time for every single credit card field I put the focus on, often blocking bits of the form I want to see. I have to press Esc to get out.

Is there any way of stopping this, or making it less intrusive?

I've tried to find a setting to say "never remember credit cards" or "never ask about credit cards on this site" (which would still be annoying but less so) or even "stop asking on this page" (which would at least let me finish a checkout in peace) but I can't find anything, despite searching this forum and more broadly.

I use Safari, Chrome, and Firefox for different purposes so it'd be good if there was a solution that works for all three. Even a solution that only works with one single browser and one single 1Password extension version would be great.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2021

Hey @dougclow ,
    Thanks for taking the time to write about this!

1Password aim to be a one stop shop for all your autofilling needs, especially when handling sensitive info like passwords or credit cards.
    There's currently no way to disable autofilling of specific types of items in 1Password. However, you might find it a lot less intrusive if you simply turn off the following:

1. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser(s) and select "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to the "Autofill" section.
    3. Turn off the "Show autofill menu on field focus" option.

That will prevent 1Password from automatically showing up inside/under the field when you visit a page. If you need 1Password, you will have to click its little icon on the right side of the field to reveal the autofill menu.

I'll forward your feedback here, so thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

• dougclow
    dougclow
    Community Member

Hey there

Thanks for this, it looks like it will be really helpful!

Credit cards, for me, are an entirely separate security case and a password manager is a bad match for dealing with them. In general, credit card details are fixed and already stored in the clear on the card itself - they're not difficult to remember. And specifically for me, I don't want to make it easier to spend money :) But I realise people are different and you're supporting a broad user base.

Thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad I could help!

I definitely appreciate your view on credit cards and can see the logic in it.
    We're here if you have any further questions :)

This discussion has been closed.