Sync Guest Users

GonzaloSanchez
GonzaloSanchez
Community Member

Hello,
In our company, we have external users that we would like to sync to 1Password using the SCIM bridge. We would like those users to be invited as guests because they only need to access to just one vault.
The issue that we detected is that all synced users are added as team members. Is there any option to choose which ones would be invited as a guest?
Thank you in advance for your support.
Kind Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DJ_1P
    DJ_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi Gonzalo!

Your guests will need to be managed manually in your 1Password account as the SCIM Bridge does not manage guests by design. You can send them an invite by clicking on People > Invite People > Select Guest > Add an Email Address for your Guest. You can add multiple email addresses here. Let us know if you ned anything else.

• DaveBryg
    DaveBryg
    Community Member

Hi there,

I would like to know whether there's an ability to use SCIM bridge to add/remove guest accounts to groups?

• Hi @DaveBryg

As guests are only permitted access to a single vault, they cannot be added to groups.

Ben

• DaveBryg
    DaveBryg
    Community Member

ahh, that's a bummer. Meaning they can only be managed programatically using CLI?

• Hi @DaveBryg.

Sorry for the delay.

That is correct. The SCIM bridge only manages full team members (non-guest users).

• cgduzan
    cgduzan
    Community Member

Hey @DeVille_1P

Does this mean that guest users can be managed using the CLI?

• Hello @cgduzan.

Yes. Guest users can be managed, but not invited. Only full team members can be invited via the CLI.

I should have clarified my answer in terms of the CLI. The CLI provides much of the user management functionality in a similar way to that of automated provisioning (via the SCIM bridge). That means you can manage guest users through the CLI once they are invited.

• npatnana
    npatnana
    Community Member

How to provision users from Multiple domains using SCIM Bridge

• cgduzan
    cgduzan
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification @DeVille_1P

This discussion has been closed.