FireFox Remembers Password

Options

When I open Firefox, it unlocks the 1 Password extension with needing to enter the password.
I would think it shouldn't be able to do this, but I'm not able to find the setting to prevent it.
I've checked that I'm running the current versions of both FFox and the extension.
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: Win10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@mitchr You're right, Firefox shouldn't be able to do this. Do you have the Windows desktop app installed? The lock state is now synchronised between 1Password in the browser and the desktop app. So if you unlock the desktop app and open Firefox, the 1Password extension will unlock automatically.

• mitchr
    mitchr
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm. I do have the desktop app installed, and when I opened it just now for the first time, it is also unlocked.

I've noticed some changes in the way the various components work.
    So earlier today, I unlocked 1 Pwd in extension in Brave browser. Does that unlock all the other instances of 1 Pwd (desktop and other browsers)?
    Thanks.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@mitchr Yes, if the desktop app is installed, the lock state will sync across browsers and the lock after idle timer setting moves to the desktop app: 1Password -> Settings -> Security

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021
    Options

Just passing through. Thanks for the assist @rootzero @mitchr Let us know if you have any questions. Looks like you're in good hands. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.