Windows Hello Prompt Minimized When Using 1Password X

Since the early access whenever I try to autofill or just open 1Password X the Windows Hello prompt is minimized behind the browser and doesn't accept input before I actually click on it in the taskbar, before the early access this wasn't an issue.

1Password Version: 8.1.2-22.NIGHTLY
Extension Version: version 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @the_john19, could you tell me what your default browser is? Do you notice this behaviour in any other browsers, or just one?

• the_john19
    the_john19
    Community Member

Hey @Dayton_ag so far I only tested it with Chrome

• @the_john19

Try giving this a shot within another browser and let us know if you see similar results there!

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

Fwiw, I'm seeing the same thing, also in chrome on Windows.

• @the_john19 @merrybit Are you by chance running Chrome as an administrator? When running the browser as an Admin, Hello isn't able to pop over the browser and take focus (I can confirm that Hello opens in the background when I run Chrome as an administrator). Running Chrome on the standard user level allows Hello to pop over for me.

• Khufu_I
    Khufu_I
    Community Member

I'm also encountering this issue. I'm running Firefox 90 (non Administrator), Windows 10 21H1 (19043.1083), 1Password Beta 2.0.5 extension and 1Password 8.1.2-42BETA

• the_john19
    the_john19
    Community Member

@Dayton_ag No, I'm not running the browser as an admin and it's still working with the stable build, just not with the new early access version.
    @Blake Same issue with Firefox

• Sorry for the delayed response!

Our team is still investigating things here. We will follow up here in-thread once we have more to share. 😊

This discussion has been closed.